2000pts DOW - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Thread: 2000pts DOW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts DOW

Mercenary General 99(goes in pikemen)
    Heavy armour
    Shield

Captain 118pts
    Lance
    Enchanted shield
    Heavy armour
    Pegasus

Paymaster=59pts(goes in pikemen)
    shield
    Heavy armour

Wizard =110
    Dispel scroll x2

Core =1153

25 Ricco’s Republican guard (pike men with WS4 + hero) = 360
    Full command

23 pike men = 294pts
    Heavy armour
    Full command

10 Crossbowmen=80pts

10 crossbowmen =80pts

10 duellists 90pts
    Pistols

10 duellists 90pts
    pistols

5 heavy cavalry 110
    champion

5 Light cavalry 60
    Spears

Special :324

3 Ironguts: 164
    Standard bearer

10 Norse marauders 80
    shields

10 Norse marauders 80
    shields

Rare:135

Cannon 85

Halfling Hot Pot 50

=1998

Right my main worries about this army is that it will be outshot by a gunline or outfought by a Close combat one. The main idea is to go for a refused flank(to protect the pikes flank) or to use terrain to cover flanks. The ogres are flankers to one unit of pikemen and the duellists will either guard another flank or hassle the enemy. The h.cavalery can act on one flank hunting down flankers (m or threatening to flank/attack warmachines etc .

The captain hunts warmachines and wizards, the heavy cavalery goes between pikemen, and the marauders are unpanicking screens. Ive added another 10 duellists for added annoyace (altough i suspect that the second unit will become redundant wth not enough things for 2 units to do) and some light calvery too as well as a cheap hot pot.

Now one thing i thought sabout doing is dropping one unit of marauders, the captain and mabey a unit of duellists for mengil and a small unit of manflayers. This unit could reek havoc in a defensive gunline (and get 100vp for each unit broken). Plus the models are just plain cool

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x2)

Although I've just begun Dogs of War myself (with a rather odd list), I can offer the following advice. I don't think the Heavy Cav. will do much of anything in a unit of five and the Ironguts are too few. Units of Ogres should, in my opinion, always be at least five strong so that they can take a casualty to shooting on the charge without panicking. These two units also seem to fill the same niche in your army, that of tough close combat troops. My suggestion would be to drop the Heavy Cav. and buy two more Ironguts for that unit. This will make the Ogres a lot more useful.

Also, I'd say combine the two units of Maruaders into one large one.

I think this is a good close combat army so no worries there, though you will be outshot by a gunline, as you said. Still, that's not a worry either. Just get the pikes, Ogres, and Marauders into close combat and you've got enough troops (with the Duelists and Light Cav.) to hold firm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I agree with the point Zanzibar has made. Apart from that, a very nice list.
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont have the most experiance in playing DoW, but i have lost to them, lol, so let me say that the duelists are worth every point, they are the ones that killed me
    Mr. Burns: Why is everyone being so insolent today?

Smithers: Well sir, it is christmas...

Mr. Burns: I'll decide when its christmas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, first glances; Good Heros. Cheap and expendable (NOT THE PAYMASTER!)

Core isn't all that great, although the Light and Heavy Cavalry are good, I'd have two units of Pikemen with Full Command and Heavy Armour instead. A lot better, in my experiance.
    Crossbowmen and Duellists are good as well, although Musicains on the Duellists would be handy.

The Norsemen are good, although I'm not sure of the Ogres, I'd prefer something that has some backbone, like more Norse with Great Weapons, or some Paymaster Bodyguard, who, by the way, are great.

As for you Rare, brilliant choices, something to hit large blocks and/or Warmachines, whereas you can be blasting Knights with the Cannon.
    Overall, the list could do with something more. Probably something like the Cursed Company, or the Vendetta, or something that can really annoy your enemy, which is always fun.
    "The streets a flame, the people in flame,
    The Apolapsy Four Ride out again.
    The flame of Hell are freezing over,
    And Heaven is falling out of the sky!
    Is it any wonder that the world is going to burn in a cleansing flame?
    Is it any wonder that the world is coming to a realigious end?"