[1000] DoW Friendly vs Ogres - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] DoW Friendly vs Ogres

Ok heres the deal, my friend's ogres usually have a unit of 4 leadbelchers, 2-3 small ogres squads and some gnoblars. So this is my list to counter that.

Mercenary Captain-117
    Flail, Heavy Armor, Shield, Crown of luccin, Bright Helm of Myrmidia, Barded Warhorse

Paymaster-
    Crossbow (alternativly I could give him Heavy Armor and Great Weapon)

Ogres-
    5 Ogres

Ogres-
    Ogres

Pikemen-195
    15 pikemen w/Heavy Armor and Full Command

Duellists-
    10 Duellists

Heavy Cavalry-225
    10 Knights w/Barded Warhorse, Standard

Im planning on havng the Knights and 1 Ogres running and attacking the Bulls while the other ogre and pikemen engaging the leadbelchers while the duellists harass his gnoblars. Good Idea? improvements? I'm really digging the idea behind this list and wish to make this as powerful as possible...(Could the mods please move this to the proper section if you please, it's the tags error fault, Thank You!)

Last edited by DavidWC09; February 8th, 2007 at 21:11.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quick question before we get to the army, where did the merc captains magic items come from? I thought they could only use the common item magic items.

He's coming for you...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I use this magic item list from http://merchantprince.net/DoWMagicItems.html my friends approved it so yeah, basically he has +1 leadership and lowers the WS by 2 of all people in Base to Base contact.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

*Moved to army lists

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by DARKTROOPER View Post
    Im planning on havng the Knights and 1 Ogres running and attacking the Bulls while the other ogre and pikemen engaging the leadbelchers while the duellists harass his gnoblars. Good Idea? improvements? I'm really digging the idea behind this list and wish to make this as powerful as possible...(Could the mods please move this to the proper section if you please, it's the tags error fault, Thank You!)
    Wierd to see DoW ogres vs. ogre kingdoms ogres. oughtta be an interesting fight.

Right now you have to go to him cause of his shooting, and your infantry will slow you down. So ditch the infantry for more cavalry, or get some shooting of your own.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by kooshlord View Post
    Wierd to see DoW ogres vs. ogre kingdoms ogres. oughtta be an interesting fight.

Right now you have to go to him cause of his shooting, and your infantry will slow you down. So ditch the infantry for more cavalry, or get some shooting of your own.
    yeah, I love the pikemen, but they are so expensive for what they do. He may not charge you.

Put some pistols on those skirmishers and you have a hard to hit, ogre killing machine. None of his ogres have armor enough to stop a bullet. Give your leaders some handguns. In such a small game, I would drop the unessesary stuff. You don't need that many ogres, unless that's the point of your army, but then why don't you just do OK vs OK?
    I would drop the standards on the cav unit. You could get some light cav for less than 100pts and lure him into a flank charge. At best, (if you totally whiff) he'll only get 3 attacks back.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I think you could even break the heavy cav into two units since OK units tend to be small. Five knights can probably break an ogre unit of bulls, leadbelchers, or even ironguts. Str 5 attacks against To 4 models with little or no armor should do some killing. And the knights will have a pretty good armor save in return, except against the Ironguts.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index