2250 - monsterheavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

2250 - monsterheavy

Paymaster: lance, pistol, hvy armour, barded warhorse, Shield
    Wizard: Level 2, Dispel Scroll
    Wizard: Level 2, Dispel Scroll

Crossbowmen: Musician

Team1:
    Hvy Cav: Hvy Armour
    Lght Cav: Spear, Shield, Mus.
    Maneaters: heavy armor, great weapon
    leadbelchers: bellower
    Giant

Team2:
    Hvy Cav: Hvy Armour
    Lght Cav: Spear, Shield, Mus.
    Maneaters: heavy armor, great weapon
    leadbelchers: bellower
    Giant

Concept army: catch enemies with stubborn, fear and terror causers. Then flank. I have some maneuverability and some shooting to deal with marchblockers or other threats. Maybe I even do some charge-baiting of my own. If something beats me in close combat I have stubborn with a reroll on 4 units (assuming I can keep the BSB alive).

I imagine the teams each occupying half of the board, and tearings things up as best they can. I think I can squeeze in about 80 more points, which might go towards antimagic or might go towards some duelists to take care of woods for me.

Whaddya think?
    -Koosh

Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I would drop the one mage to level 1 and get a general. The paymaster can't be the general which leaves one of your mages to the task at leadership 7. I know there shouldn't be that many tests, but the general on a barded horse with HA, shield and lance is fairly cheap and could ride with one of the ogre units and deliver a serious punch with the lance (4x str6) and give you ld. 9. Two level 2s (at least around here) won't do much damage offensively. If you could squeeze 2 scrolls each, then you would be set in my opinion. I've never seen even the toughest magic heavy army get through 4 dd and 4 scrolls unless you're rolling really bad. there are always 1-2 small spells that you can "let go" that shouldn't do that much damage.
    Just a thought.
    I've always liked the idea of 2 giants. You should get into combat at turn 2 at the least and really make a mess of things.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by buckero0 View Post
    I would drop the one mage to level 1 and get a general.
    Well, the point of not having a general is that the maneaters and giants are all stubborn, and so can't use his leadership anyway during most break tests (giant has better leadership anyway). So I just want the BSB for the break rerolls.

However, I take your point about having a strong combat character, and I think I agree that the mages won't do all that much offensively... Stuff to think about. This army probably won't ever see the light of day, I don't have the models. I might proxy it out with a friend for fun though.

Thanks for the response!
    -Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I forgot that about the maneaters, i guess that's part of the reason they are base 90 pts. Like I said, you may not have that many tests, because you should be moving fast and charging early. If you were to play a heavy shooting army (empire, dwarves, or WE) or an undead army, the extra leadership/generalship might come in handy. Well thought out army.
    I'd love to see it in action.