2000 point army list for Nemisis - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point army list for Nemisis

Having been unable to play for sometime I wanted to get involved with this summers campaign so have re-built my mercenary horde and put together this list. No games yet but just wondered what other people think.

Most figures are converted Empire as the theme is an Army of unemployed Imperial soldiers who have banded together to gain employment.

Colour scheme is yellow uniforms with black armour and red feathers/plumes and sashes.

Lv 4 Wizard Lady using lore of heavens................................................300 pts
    2 dispell scrolls, Amulet of protection and Power stone.
    Brettonian Sorceress figure.

Paymaster.................................................................. ........................89 pts
    enchanted shield, sword of might and heavy armour
    Old Empire Priest figure with great weapon and big book

2 heroes on pegasus.................................................................... ...2x 117 pts
    heavy armour, shield, lance and pistols
    Marienburger hero and plastic Empire knight militia figure on Brettonian pegasai

10 Knights with full command.................................................................225 pts
    Converted Knights with pistols instead of lances.

5 light cavalry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..................... ....................85
    musician, spears and shields
    New Pistolier models with new foot soldier arms.

2x10 Duelists with pistols and champion...................................................200
    Old and new Imperial foot soldiers with pistolier arms.

12 Crossbowmen................................................................ .....................106
    marsman
    New Imperial handgunner/xbow regiment and a couple of militia figures

23 Paymaster's Bodyguards................................................................. ...284 pts
    heavy armour, full command and war banner
    Old plastic spear, footsoldiers and new models for command.

1 Ogre Maneater................................................................... ...................90 pts
    great weapon and heavy armour
    The one that wears Imperila style dress.

3 Leadbelchers............................................................... .......................175 pts
    Bellower and Thunder fist
    As they come from the pack.

2 Cannons.................................................................... ..........................
    Imperial Cannons

Last edited by kooshlord; June 13th, 2007 at 16:39. Reason: removed points/model.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Not so much a comment on the list, but you may want to rethink your fluff.
    An 'unemployed' army, containing a Level 4 wizard (these guys are said to be equal to kings in the rulebook). They also own pegasi, and can afford to hire Ogres. lol, no offense meant, just seems like a very wealthy band of the unemployed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not so much that the army is out of work, they are employed by the wizard. It's more that the soldiers were out of work and have banded together to form this army.

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

It seems like your army has a little of everything, but is a master of nothing. You'll be able to come up with tactics to deal with many situations, but won't have a default strategy to pound your foes with. If they DO have a strong default strategy, you could get yourself into trouble.

Lessee: Medium magical offense and defense. You'll get the odd spell off, but won't do too much magical damage IMO. Most armies will have 3-4 DD and a scroll or two. You'll be good for defense against most armies. But you are spending a LOT of points to get maybe 1 spell off a turn.

Why not have a mounted paymaster for extra armor and speed? Might get him out of a tight spot.

Pegasus heroes: cute, powerful, but vulnerable to shooting when out on their own. They probably want to be in CC as soon as possible, and they already have lances, so why bother with pistols? You might spend the points better elsewhere.

10 knights is a big ole target, and spends a lot of points for +1 CR, which you lose if you lose 1 model. You might consider whether 2 units of 5 would serve you better.

Light cav: good.

Duelists: why bother with a champ. why not a musician, so they have a chance of rallying? These are excellent for baiting charges into the woods, where they get stranded. But they are unlikely to rally without a little help.

Crossbowmen: why a marksmen instead of a musician. You could afford another crossbowman instead of spending double to make 1 slightly more likely to hit.

Bodyguard: good, stubborn is nice.

1 maneater is likely to be shot down/cut down fairly quickly. Is he worth the expense? I'd say you want 2+ or don't bother. Maybe you have experience with a single model though...

leadbelchers: again, why bother with a thunder fist? Doesn't improve the unit that much. They are also meant to shoot and flee, reloading when they rally. They should only be in CC as flankers, or against weedy units IMO.

Cannons: good

So overall, I think the individual units are good, but I don't see a coherent theme. This will mean you can have very adaptable strategies from game to game, but you'll be trying to adapt your strategy to fight your opponent, rather than going into the battle with a plan. This means you'll be floundering a bit in deployment until your opponent reveals their plan.

In terms of units: you spend a lot on what I consider unnecessary command. you could either swap this for more useful command options, or get an extra unit. I'd personally use more magic, or downgrade the lvl4 to a lvl1 for pure defense.

Hope this helps!
    -Koosh
    Last edited by kooshlord; June 13th, 2007 at 16:59.
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I have to agree with Koosh for most of his suggestions. I speak from some experience with dogs of war and other races. I have a dogs of war army with some of the same regiments. Let me give you a couple of other things to think about.

Dogs of War are old - they've never been updated. Already you are at a disadvantage for most of your units.
    The paymaster sucks. Here's a guy with poor stats, but you have to use up a hero slot for him and keep him alive or you're whole army could run. Protect him as much as possible. The bodyguard actually does the opposite. Stubborn 8 isn't that great, but if it keeps your paymaster in combat - that just gives your opponent a better chance(longer time) to kill him. Put him in a crowd of pikes, at least you'll get to hit the opponent first. I like Ricco's Rep. Guard, because Ricco can take a challenge for you and is actually a cheap hero type in profile.

Split up the knights and drop the banners. 5-10 knights are a support group - they will never break anything worth any points, either that, your opponent will bait them and flank charge you - and you give up the banner points.

I see what you're trying to do with the pegasus captains. It's a good trick, but it doesn't work as well as in the empire army. You can't kit them out as well. I'm assuming you're using these guys to hunt other mage/WM hunters and to hunt your warmachines yourself. Just do one of these though, I think 2 could backfire and give up a lot of points. It will be hard to protect them and they can only charge weak units or support charge.

Drop the leadbelchers and the maneaters. You either have to go all the way or none with the maneaters (I say 3 at least) The leadbelchers are also hard to protect and almost always (in my experience) blow themselves up more than ever hurt the enemy. A good replacement is actually the Ironguts. They have better leadership, armor and strength and are cheaper. 2x 3models can really do some damage.

cannons are good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Thanks for the help.

I've dropped one of the Pegasus riders and replaced him with a lv 1 wizard for magical defence. the Knights are split between 2 units of 5 with full command and the ogres have been replaced with Iron Guts

Lv 4 Wizard Lady using lore of heavens
    Skull Staff, Amulet of protection and Power stone.
    Brettonian Sorceress figure.

Paymaster
    lance, barded warhorse,enchanted shield and heavy armour

1 hero on pegasus
    heavy armour, shield and lance.
    Marienburger hero on Brettonian pegaus

1 Lv1 Fire Wizard with 2 dispel scrolls

2 x 5 Knights with full command
    Converted Knights with pistols instead of lances.

5 light cavalry
    musician, spears and shields
    New Pistolier models with new foot soldier spear arms.

2x10 Duelists with pistols and musician
    Old and new Imperial foot soldiers with pistolier arms.

10 Crossbowmen
    New Imperial handgunner/xbow regiment and a couple of militia figures

23 Paymaster's Bodyguards
    heavy armour, full command and war banner
    Old plastic spear, footsoldiers and new models for command.

4 Iron Guts
    great weapon and heavy armour

2 Cannons
    Imperial Cannons

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I hope I didn't sound too harsh. I am sorry if I did. I've played a little dogs of war and have had difficulty with them. I think they are a tough army to run with success. They do however, have some great models and modelling possibilities and some great units, that if used correctly, could be devasting.

I would be interested to hear how your battles go with the nemesis crown, especially with a unique army like the DoW. I love the idea of DoW and wish that GW would throw them a bone. It is very difficult to cover all the phases competently. Our magic is usually weak.