998 point army rate plz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

998 point army rate plz

Thane-(Great weapon,shield,rune of stone)-76 points
    Thane-(Battle Standard, Master rune of grungni)-150points
    Organ Gun- 120 points
    14 warriors-(Shields, standard, musican)-141points
    14 warriors-(Shields, standard, musican)-141points
    15 warriors-(Shields, standard, musican)-150points
    10 Thunders- 140points
    10 warriors- 80points

Total-998

The Master rune of grungni is because I fight lizardmen and the skinks do some damage, If you have another idea of what to do I am open to any ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First, I like the unit sizes. I find dwarfs in 3 ranks to be very effective when used right.

I'd lose the unit of 10 warriors though. I'd also drop the block of 15 warriors. Also, I fail to see how the skinks can be doing that much damage. I assume they have poison, which means auto-wound, but you still get your saving throw of 4+ vs shooting. I face skinks a lot too and by the time they are in range to shoot they're in range to be cleaned up. So, lose the master rune.

With the points you save get some diversity, thats the big weakness. A cannon, some ironbreakers, slayers, thunderers, quarrallers or miners. At unit sizes of 10/15 you should be able to afford at least two of these choices, maybe three. If skinks are still a real problem even consider a second organ gun. If your opponent can get any skinks in range of 2 organ guns its because they've spent points on nothing else.

You'll also find a little variation makes the army more fun to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what I came up with:

Thane(Great weapon, shield, rune of stone)-76points
    Thane(Battle standard)-90points
    (14)Warriors-(Thane in group, shields, standard, musican)-141points
    (14)Warriors-(Battle standard in group, shields, standard, musican)-141points
    (15)Warriors-(Shields, standard, musican)-150points
    (10)Thunders-( )-140points
    (10)Quarrellers-(Great weapons, rangers, shields)-140points
    (1)Organ Gun-( )-120points

Total-998

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

You dont need a battle standard realy in 1000pts games. my advice is to upgrade one unit of warriors to longbeards keeping handweapon and shield, giving nearby units a reroll on panick checks and they themselves are immune to it. The standard is just another 100pts to give away at the end of the battle. if you want to do anything, put the Ro battle or Ro stoicism on the longbeards. Stoicism is probably better in this case as you have small units and the Ro stoicism doubles your unit strength, so a unit of 15 become s a unit of 30 and so on.

Maybe get rid of the rangers option on your quarrlers also. In small games dwarves excell in holding the line. Keep shields but also get rid of the great weapons. If you want great weapons put them on a warrior unit for better affect. Bulking up the unit and reforming before they get charged also will give you another block infantry which is as good if not better than most other armies core choices, given a standard they can often hold thier own well enough, though a standard will cost you 100pts if its lost.

You may want to invest in a Rune Priest. Realisticaly they are as good as a special choice unit champion but come with Gromril armour and you will also get 5 dispel dice that way, and you can still tool him for combat with runes if you so wish (recomend a great weapon).

hope this has helped a little

Saltrock36
    Last edited by saltrock36; September 10th, 2007 at 16:20.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Numas View Post
    This is what I came up with:

Thane(Great weapon, shield, rune of stone)-76points
    Thane(Battle standard)-90points
    (14)Warriors-(Thane in group, shields, standard, musican)-141points
    (14)Warriors-(Battle standard in group, shields, standard, musican)-141points
    (15)Warriors-(Shields, standard, musican)-150points
    (10)Thunders-( )-140points
    (10)Quarrellers-(Great weapons, rangers, shields)-140points
    (1)Organ Gun-( )-120points

Total-998
    I agree with Saltrock that usually the BSB isn't needed in small games. You're already ldship 9 so you shouldn't be using the reroll all that often anyway. A Runepriest should be put in incase someone goes magic heavy (think undead, who have to almost always go magic-heavy) Shooting is really good in small games though, so having thunderers and quarrelers (not rangers because then if you move, you can't shoot, if you deploy normal, then you wasted points on the ranger ability).
    If you're dying to have some sneakiness ability, then get the miners, they aren't as reliable, but they at least come on where you want them. I don't think they are as good in a game without the anvil though.
    I would stick with a shooty theme and either get a str7 bolt thrower or cannon in the mix to eliminate big threats. So ffollow saltrocks suggestions. If you do find that you're scavenging for points, maybe drop the musicians and get champions. You should never get the charge, so having some other attacks back is helpful.

+ Reply to Thread