My first Dwarf list 2K - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first Dwarf list 2K

hey this is my first attempt at a dwarf list. i haven't bought any of it yet so any comments are welcome.

dwarf lord - hand weapon with the master rune of swiftness and a rune of cleaving
    gromril armour with the master rune of gromril, a rune of preservation and rune of resistence.
    a talisman with the master rune of challenge
    oathstone -300

runesmith - talisman with the master rune of balance and a rune of spellbreaking
    gromril armour - 145
    hand weapon

thane - gromril armour
    hand weapon
    battle standard with a rune of sanctuary - 105

20 dwarf warriors - sheilds
    full command - 205

full command - 205

20 thunderers - full command - 305

20 tunderers - full command - 305

10 miners - full command - 135

cannon

cannon

organ gun

total - 1998

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Break your thunderers into units of 10 and drop the full command, keep only the musican to help rally. Unless you have a hill its almost impossible to string out a unit of 20 thunderers into a single line so they can all shoot and thunderers are way too expensive to not have everyone shooting. Plus 4 small units vs 2 big ones will give you greater targeting options.

If your giving your Dwarf Lord a Master Rune of Gromril give him a Great Weapon with the Rune of Kraggi instead of a hand weapon. Also consider giving him shield bearers, makes him a beast in close combat.

Your BSB thane could use something a little more on his banner, spending all those points for just magic resistance 1 is a little silly. Throw a Rune of Grungi or Rune of Battle on it so that there is more use to the BSB than just MR1.

Drop the Full Command off of the miners. At 10 they are just a throwaway speed bump unit or warmachine hunters. Putting a Standard in the unit is just giving your opponent free VPs.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Chanchanman View Post
    hey this is my first attempt at a dwarf list. i haven't bought any of it yet so any comments are welcome.

dwarf lord - hand weapon with the master rune of swiftness and a rune of cleaving
    gromril armour with the master rune of gromril, a rune of preservation and rune of resistence.
    a talisman with the master rune of challenge
    oathstone -300

runesmith - talisman with the master rune of balance and a rune of spellbreaking
    gromril armour - 145
    hand weapon

thane - gromril armour
    hand weapon
    battle standard with a rune of sanctuary - 105

full command - 205

full command - 205

20 thunderers - full command - 305

20 tunderers - full command - 305

10 miners - full command - 135

cannon

cannon

organ gun

total - 1998

Bonzi is right. Thin down the thunderers. 20 is too many if you don't have a hill. Units of 10 are much better. Drop the commands, again like Undead B said.

Dropping to 30 thunderers would almost free enough points for a gyrocopter. That would add a lot to your list.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

thought I would just comment on the oathstone. I really liked it when I first saw it, but everytime I've used it it has made my lord and his unit stand there and look stupid while the opponent is taking his time wiping the rest of the army of the table. Or just shooting at your generals unit while you can do nothing. But, I have always played with a CC-oriented army with a lot of infantry and very few warmachines. It looks like you have planned a more defensive style where you plan to do a good deal of shooting before the enemy gets close. And then there's a good chance of you being flanked, due to your few CC units, so the stone could be useful. But I would rather use the points to invest in more CC units. Perhaps upgrading one of the warriors?

And I really think the runesmith should have a GW if he could. It has actually saved me a lot of times. Sometimes two S6 attacks might just do a difference.

It seems to me you want a Lord that's hard to kill. Shieldbearers, MRoSpite and a RoStone is a very cost-effective way to do that. It could be I'm wrong, but I think that will give him a 1+ save, a 4+ ward save and immunity to Killing blow due to his increased unit strength. And the shieldbearers are, in your current army, two of the best warriors you have

I really envy you having that kind of firepower, but it seems a bit fragile for my taste, if none of the cannons have a RoForging. Perhaps dropping the miners to free the points? They can be effective, but they are kind of slow and doesn't always get into action in time. And you need all the melee fighters you've got (if your war machines doesn't clean the table that is).

Sorry if I'm sounding negative. I'm not. I've just playing a lot lately to put together a working army, so I just had a lot to say

Good luck

+ Reply to Thread