2000p My First Dwarves Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

9 (x1)

2000p My First Dwarves Army

Hi All,

I recently bought the Army Box Set.
    Doing the maths and utilizing the best of my current knowledge on our Army I ended up with the following list .
    Please feel free to give me your wise experienced advices I will really appreciate it.

Runesmith, Shield, Master Rune of Balance, Rune of Spellbreaking 147

Thane, BSB, Master Rune of Valaya, Rune of Guarding 220

Thane, Shield, Oath Stone, Rune of Fury, Rune of Cleaving, Rune of Might and Rune of Stone (Armour). 162
    (S10 4 Attack against T5+ , If my calculation is corect).

20 Warriors, Shield and Full Command 205
    20 Warriors, Shield and Full Command 205
    20 Longbeards, Shield, Full Command, Rune of Courage 295
    10 Quarrellers, Mucisian 115
    10 Quarrellers, Mucisian 115

20 Miners, Full Command and Drill 270
    1 Cannon, Rune of Forging, Rune of Burning 130

1 Organ Gun 120

Total 1984

I really wish I had the space to add another unit of longbeards or ironbreakers, but I tried to get as much as I can
    I don't expect the miners to do the damage the others could do. But I bet on their tactical and psycological impact they might do to my opponents, when a GW armed unit can pop behind them. Ofc they can always be placed along with the rest of the army if required.

Thank you very much

Last edited by Apoll; April 22nd, 2008 at 08:30. Reason: But dizy last night, indeed organ guns do not take rune. Mea Culpa.

2. Remove Advertisements

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    right behind you
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

207 (x5)

A few things to point out about your list.

1. I don't think the Organ Gun can have runes placed on it, also the rune of burning really wouldnt do much for it anyway.

2. On your thane S10 against T5 is great...but your spending a lot of points to deal with a situation you'll face maybe once a game if at all, and if you are facing a Hero or monster with T5 or better your Thane is likely living the last moments of his life anyway.

3. In a 2000 point list you really can't afford to not have a Lord or Runelord in your list. They are just way too killy/versatile to pass up. Check the permanent threads on this forum for some good rune builds.

4. You need more hard hitters in this list. Warriors won't really kill anything on their own. S3 just doesn't cut it. I would think about GW's on your Quarrellers to make them dangerous flankers or to give GW's to one of your units of Warriors for hard hitting.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

12 (x1)

I agree you need a lord or a runelord in 2000pts you dont have to kit him up to the max either if you dont want to but his presence on the battle field in a unit of hammerers or ironbreakers will give your opponent something to worry about.

throkken out
    Im always 2 steps a head and one step behind you!

Your mind is a maze and only you have the map. (I lost mine years ago.)

+ Reply to Thread