2250 "World Cup" Tourney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 "World Cup" Tourney List

Hello all. A local shop here is sponsoring a tourney using the "World Cup" elimination bracket system this summer. While I'm new to the Dwarfs (4-5 months of pick-up and friendly games all fewer than 2k pts.), I look forward to giving a proper go. While the 32 army entries will be a mix'd bag, my bracket includes Skaven, Empire & Wood Elves. Possible 2nd round opponent is Chaos Demon, Tomb Kings, Ogres or High Elves

Any and all criticisms/words of advice would be appreciated:

Characters: 532 pts.

Lord: Shield Bearers, GW, MRoSteel RoStone, MRoSpite - 276
    Runesmith: GW, SH, RoSpellbreaking (x2) - 126
    Thane: BSB, HW, MRoGromril, RoPreservation - 130

Core: 941 pts.

Warriors (25): FC, SH, – 250
    Longbeards (24): FC, GW, SH, RoCourage – 391
    Thunderers (10): SH - 150

Special: 524

Hammerers (1: FC, SH, RoBattle – 289
    BT: RoBurning, RoPenetrating, Engineer – 90
    Cannon: RoBurning, RoForging, Engineer – 145

Rare: 250

Organ Gun – 120
    Goblin Hewer – 130

Casting Pool: 2
    Dispel Pool: 5
    108 Models
    2247 pts.

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by Gaggia; June 13th, 2008 at 01:32.
    "People who never get carried away should be."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x2)

i drop the steel run on ur lord and get him fury,cleaving switness allow u to make 5-6 str 7 attacks going first always.(XD forgot how many attacks the lords has)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

sadly polak, if you check the rules on page 44 right in the very top left corner you'll find that without a master rune of kragg the grim, a great weapon would turn into a hand weapon meaning the lord would have ASF, but only at S5 not S7.

now... ZE LIST!
    Characters: 532 pts.

Lord: Shield Bearers, GW, MRoSteel RoStone, MRoSpite - 276

a excellent combo to say the least and by far one of our tougher dwarf lords. however are you sure you're going to get him into melee? what with the lord and hammerers being M3 you might find your self stuck out without a decent foe. maybe try and get a master rune of challenge on this chap? you will sadly loose the ward save but if you were to add a rune of resistance you would very much get the same effect. a 3+ save with a re-roll is better than a 3+ then a 4+ after all .

can't say anything wrong about this guy. i would personally try and get a master rune of ballance into this list, but thats purely based on my own tastes

Thane: BSB, HW, MRoGromril, RoPreservation - 130

excellent build. keeping this guy alive for re-rolls is always a good thing. have you perhaps considered giving him a rune of striking? in addition to magical attacks it would provide you with WS7 meaning that enemy WS3 troops will need 5's to hit him and most lords will need 4's

excellent in everyway

Special: 524

Hammerers (1: FC, SH, RoBattle – 289

only thing i might suggest here is dropping one rune of burning. you may after all come across a unit of dragon princes in your travels and with their armour they would be immune to attacks from your warmachines here. of course you'll terrify treemen so you never know

Organ Gun – 120
    Goblin Hewer – 130

the gobbo hewer aye? interesting. i'm still to use the thing my self but i see some real potential in it. nothing wrong here

overall an excellent list. everything i would change is mostly out of personal preference more than anything else 0:

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

oh can u guys also check out my 3k army (new to warhammer and making 3k dwarf army plz and crit it and dam i never knew i guss i gatta remake my lord) WAT A BUMMER AND HE WAS SO GOOD;?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the great tips Arklite. I've gone ahead and reworked the list to incorporate them:

Characters: 560 pts.

Lord: Shield Bearers, GW, SH, MRoSteel RoResistance, RoPreservation, MRoChallenge - 294
    Thane: BSB, HW, MRoGromril, RoPreservation, RoStriking - 140

Special: 499

Hammerers (1: FC, SH – 264

Organ Gun – 120
    Goblin Hewer – 130

Casting Dice: 2
    Dispel Dice: 5
    108 Models
    2250 pts.

I had to drop the RoBattle from the Hammerer standard, but I figure I should be winning CR based on damage alone from the Lord/unit (fingers crossed!). I stayed with 2 Spellbreaking Runes on the 'smith simply because I like the idea of definitive dispells in a pinch vs. rolls. As for the Hewer, I started using it because I liked the model, but found that in the games I've used it, it has:

1. consistently more than paid for itself, and
    2. it is the most hated of all the war-engines I've used (at least by my foes thus far)

Thanks again for the assist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

99 (x2)

im new to fantasy but i think 5 dispel dice is gonna be way too little againt heavy magic armies:drinking:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x2)

No it's not, 5 dice and 2 scrolls is definteley enough especially seeing how tough dwarfs are. I like the list a lot and don't see anything worth changing except for maybe dropping GWs on the longbeards to give the thunderers musicians, also I do not know how you would get it in (maybe drop BT) but since you don't have any warmachine hunters i would get miners.
    2009 Tourny records (W-L-D) (20-4-4):
    9/56, 1/12, 2/14, 4/14, 32/82, 1/6, 16/72

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My observations:
    A rune of spite has uses over the preservation, namely magic and magic items. Far too many things ignore his 2+ save (which is steadfast thanks to ruSteel), either huge gribbly tricked out lords, or annoying spells like Rule of Burning Iron. Mind you, I don't run spite myself, but it's there for a reason; choose thinking of the metagame if possible.

Speaking of huge gribbly lords and rule of burning iron, It's never a shabby idea to get some innate magic resistance on your (two?) main combat blocks. An oathstone does that nicly for cheap, with it's other benefits, or an even cheaper rune of warding/sanctuary. Makes ppl stop slowing/nuking characters, and start casting support spells on their own guys or waste nukes on war machines. Up to you if you can squeeze the points.

The BSB is often able to defend for himself v most things: a ruSwiftness+other stuff is enough to defend himself v rank and file while being decent in challenges. And if the challenge is absurd (VC lord, greater daemon, etc), that's what the champion is there for. You can try to win on combat res (BSB, right?).

The eng on the cannon is overkill/redundancy if you're already packing a ruForging. What are the ODDS that he'll be doing something constructive? 1/6 * 1/6 * 1/2 * 1/2 = apx. one in every TWELVE GAMES the eng will do something. (misfire, re-rolled misfire, chance misfire is 1-3, chance re-rolled misfire is 4-6)

Good call on the ruBattle: hammerers are there to kill stuff, not try to make them break in combat when winning (you WANT them to hang around to get their ass kicked more!). And of course, when losing, you're stubborn so the rune does nothing. Better idea is to stick it (in the future, as you've run outa points?) on the same team as your BSB if he's not with the hammerers, for the insane combat res (+7?)

5 dice 2 scrolls is good antimagic.
    ruChallange is, imo, required if using a lord+hammerers. Nobody ever wants to play =/

Otherwise a good solid list.
    My only worry is what happens v highly mobile troops. You have only 3 meele blocks with 6 shooty shooty units, and if someone closes with a flyer, or magically enabled movement, or whatever, you might find yourself suddenly out of 700 points coming turn 3, with close combat yet to arrive. I personally run a gyrocopter for that reason (marchblocking, skirmisher hunting, etc), but I have no idea what your prefs are on altering the list. Consider sticking your lord nearest the war machines to pop the rune asap (waste, but gives 1 extra turn of firing for 1 machine).
    Last edited by Serephina; June 15th, 2008 at 06:36.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and is the goblin hewer legal in your tournies? Notso here =/

+ Reply to Thread