1k Friendly (New Dwarf player vs Ogres / Beastman / Orcs'n'Goblins) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k Friendly (New Dwarf player vs Ogres / Beastman / Orcs'n'Goblins)

OK so my Friend an i split The battle for Skull pass box and I chose Dwarves (Dwarfs?). Also bought the "Dwarfs" Army book, a Gyrocopter and 15 Slayers (including command)
    So atm my army looks like:

Thane ~shield~
    Dragon Slayer

Warriors x12 ~shields, muso, SB, vet~
    Thunderers x10

Miners x8 ~blasting charges~
    Slayers x15 ~muso, SB, 1x giant slayer~
    Cannon ~engo, brace pistols~

Gyrocopter

967 total (if I added up right) a decent starter army I thought.. then realised NO RUNES!

Would like some advice on how to 'tweak' this army list to 1k
    Keeping in mind will be playing Vs Ogre kingdoms (Ogres, Yetties and Gorges), Beastmen (chaos spawn) and Orcs and goblins (Skull Pass Goblins plus Black Orcs).

Will be looking at buying more stuff in future, but for time being I want to make what I have work for me (as have never played Dwarves before).. s'pose i could 'proxy' some things eg cannon for bolt thrower or thunderers for quarrellers.. but what I listed is literally all the models I own atm so would like to avoid proxy's where possible (even though for home games mates do it all the time I proffer not to unless just to 'test out' what i plan to buy soon anyway)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

You could drop the slayers to a unit of 10 and add a rune of forging to your cannon. As for your thane, its all a matter of preference.

I'd also drop the blasting charges to make more room for runes on the thane.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you Pinkus

As I have not opened the boxes of slayers yet, i have been wondering wether to exchange them for Ironbrekers (gromril armour ?! heck yeah)
    and if i did the same things and only had 10.. would it be possible to fit in some more Thunderers/Quarellers.
    Oh and if i used a BT instead of cannon 1 would it be worth it 2 can I put runes on it?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    279 (x7)

You have enough thunderers, what you really should try and get is up to 20 warriors.

As far as the bolt thrower goes, its really a completely different thing than a cannon, I personally like them both, but as far as the runes go, I'd definetely put a rune of penitration on it and add an engineer to it.
    US Master's Midwest Advisor.
    Come join me at my GT this September www.brewfestgt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x2)

ya i agree get warriors up to 20 and also line up miners 6X2 so 6 front 2 back for more attacks/./

+ Reply to Thread