2000 Point Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2000 Point Army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point Army

So I'm new to warhammer but the idea of an aggressive/Strollaz army appeals to me. Here is my list so far, i still have about 160 points left to spend, but I was hoping to see opinions of it.

Lord
    -Great Weapon
    -Master Rune of Kragg the Grim
    -Rune of Cleaving
    -Rune Fury
    -Armor
    -2 Runes of Iron
    -Rune of Stone
    -Trinket
    -Master Rune of Challenge
    -Sheildbearers

Runesmith
    -Great Weapon
    -Shield
    -Master Rune of Balance
    -Rune of Spellbreaking

Thane
    -BSB
    -Strollaz's Rune

------

10 Quarrellers
    -Musician
    -shields

19 Dwarf Warriors
    -shields

19 Dwarf Warriors
    -shields
    -----------
    18 Hammereres
    -Sheilds
    -Command
    -Rune of Slowness

15 Miners
    -Prospector
    -Steam Drill
    ----------
    Flame
    Organ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont play dwarves but in a 2000 pt army how many cannons or organ gun things are you allowed?
    Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Miners without the Anvil are generally regarded as a weak unit because they do not benefit from the "It came from Below" rule, they have to wonder onto the board from a table edge and with M3 it's hard to catch anything meaningful (If you bring an Anvil miners are a different story because you can use the movement rune on them to give them a charge on the turn that they surface)

Strollaz Rune without the anvil is a waste of points in my opinion, sure you can move everyone 6" before anyone else can move but thats really not going to help you win the movement battle

I do completely agree with your rare choices, as both the Flame Cannon and the Organ Gun are arguably the best thing in the book

MRoChallenge + Slowness on your lord and his unit respectively is a very good combination that i almost always run, it helps get the big guy in combat instead of having him danced around the board

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I think you you are going to have a marching army you might to look at your composition. You have only three units that will be moving, which would need to be closely ranked to protect one another. However, it leaves your frightfully open to flank and rear charges from cavalry or flyers. If you are doing this, you need to anchor your flank against a board edge. Personally, I think you need more infantry in there - another warrior unit at least.

While your war machines are a great choice, they have relatively short ranges and will be left behind away from your marching core. They are then pretty much easy targets and free VPs. I would suggest you get something with a bit more range - a cannon, bolt thrower or grudge thrower are ideal. Keep the organ gun for protection against hunters, but drop the flame cannon.

There is the valid point about the anvil. It is really what makes the aggressive dwarf army viable, you might want to consider it.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

[quote=Kadros;1389612]Miners without the Anvil are generally regarded as a weak unit because they do not benefit from the "It came from Below" rule, they have to wonder onto the board from a table edge and with M3 it's hard to catch anything meaningful (If you bring an Anvil miners are a different story because you can use the movement rune on them to give them a charge on the turn that they surface)

i agree to the most part but there is one great use for miners

take a thane, with MRoS, MRofChallenge, RoBrotherhood
    put him with the miners, have it pop up behind a lone wizzard, war machine crew, then on their turn, force them to charge you or flee, if they charge with MroS you will wipe them out before they get to attack, or if they flee, you now have 1 less war machine to worry about and can now wander about in his back quarter.
    Painting: 20 quarrelers

+ Reply to Thread