2000pts Dwarf List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

2000pts Dwarf List

Ok i lied - it's 2002pts but my mates won't mind.

This is a general list, althought he only Person I will be fighting is my Evil brother Wolf Lord Herby! He will probably win!

I only have a flame cannon Extra but thats in peices at the moment!

Lords:
    Dwarf Lord
    Sheild
    Master Rune of Skalf Black Hammer
    Rune of Fury
    Master Rune of Gromil
    ----273pts----

Heroes:
    Thane
    Sheild
    Rune of Fury
    3x Rune of Stone
    ----117pts----

Rune Smith
    Great weapon
    Ruen of Spell breaking
    Spelleater rune
    ----149----

Dragon Slayer
    Rune of Might
    Rune of Fury
    ----100pts----

Core Units:
    15 x Warriors
    Full command
    ----145----

20 x Quarrlelers
    Full Command
    Great Weapons
    ----285----

10 x Thunderers
    full Command
    ----175----

10 x Long Beards
    Full Command
    ----135----

10 x thunderers
    Full Command
    ----175----

Special:

Cannon
    Engineer
    Rune of Forging
    ----140----

Cannon
    Engineer
    ----105----

Bolt thrower
    Engineer
    Master Rune fo Skewering
    ----90----

8 x Miners
    Full Command
    ----113----

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Runes of stone do not stack in effect.

A great weapon will always be more point effective than any magical weapon, and lets you save major points on your lord.

I would field the dragon slayer naked, the he benefits from the slayer weapons rule anways.

I would warrant 1 oathstone to protect the a flank. But down a cannon in favour of an organ gun. It is the bane of all things, well worth the investment, and cripples small units or skirmishers alot more efficiently than anything else you could field.

Bump warriors to 20-25. they will make a solid static resolution block. Longbeards to 20-25 as well if you can. Shrink quarrellers to 12, or make 2 units. You will need at least 2 units 20-25 strong to ancor your army inbetween.

Drop commands in your missile units, but keep musicians. Each of those banners are worth 100 points atop the value of your units in victory points, and you want to avoid the capture.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I would get an organ gun but can't afford anything at the moment! Same for the warriors and the like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The CC blocks of warriors and longbeards should be thicker, the shooty units in blocks of 10ish. Std bearers on small units of thunderers will do nothing and hand out free points. Consider that your army currently has two tiny CC blocks to try to win with after they close in.

You might need to buy some meele units. Just sayin.

Now: for an INTERESTING challenge, how to make this model list work without buying more guys?

You could mod up the sheildbearers for the Lord and cut the maruGromil. [Really, they're almost required ] If you can't, use maruGromil anyways, cut the shield and give him a GW with maruKragg+Fury+Snorri. He's now fat and scary to every man and his dog. maruSkalf is really a weird rune that never pays for itself, really.

You can glue a Battle Standard to the thane, and paint your own styrofoam oathstone. Rune-wise, who cares. GW and a ruStone and leave it alone/cheap.

Put a shield on the runesmith also, and he's set.

Dragonslayer might wanna go naked: this is experience talking, as most of his special rules turn off after you rune him up. Read up on that, these guys have rules out the wazoo.

USE that damn flame cannon with the points we've saved so far. Your army is grossly under prepared for close combat, getting some free panic checks is not a bad thing...

Rune the 2nd cannon with a ruForging also. Use a cheap ruBurning to avoid the duplicate rule. Cut the engineers. Swap the bolt thrower's ruSkewering for a ruPenetrating. Shoot at large targets to get your 2+ hits.

Cut the quarellers into smaller units, so they can use the dang crossbows more. Cut the Stds and Champs off both them and the thunderers.

Tactical idea: shoot shoot shoot, and have MSU's ready to flee and let quarellers get flank charges with GWs. Try to have your meele blocks with characters meet any blocks they have themselves, so position them last during deployment. Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread