1500 pts friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

1500 pts friendly

Characters:

Thane: (142)
    - Handweapon, gromgril armour, shield
    • rune of snorri spangelhelm
    • rune of fury
    • rune of cleaving
    • rune of stone

• rune of cleaving
    • rune of resistance
    • rune of stone
    • Master rune of challenge

Runesmith: (127)
    • Mrobalance
    • rune of stone

Core:

Warriors (20): (205)
    - handweapon, heavy armour, shields
    - FC

Longbeards (15): (205)
    - handweapon, heavy armour, shields
    - FC
    - Rune of battle

Quarrelers (10): (125)
    - shields
    - musician

Special:

Ironbreakers (15): (265)
    - FC
    - Rune of battle
    - Rune of sanctuary

Boltthrower: (60)
    - engineer

Boltthrower: (85)
    - rune of penetrating
    - engineer

Rare:

Organ gun (xxx)

The first thane will join the longbeards, the second the ironbreakers. I chose to build a second thane with the 200 pts I had left, and give the rune of battle to the longbeards and rune of penetrating to the boltthrower with the last few pts, but if anyone has a better idea to spend those points, suggestions are welcome. I was thinking about another unit of warriors.

The runesmith joins the warriors to boost them a little in combat, and he is safer then on his own.

Last edited by The bearded one; December 26th, 2008 at 13:53.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I can only advice on getting rid of the champions, where your Thanes are in. They're going to be accepting anyway, and your paying too many points, for two extra attacks. Some might say its better to let the champion accept the challenge, and let the thane attack some rank and file troops. But our Hero's dosent have too many attacks, and dont automatically hit. In addition to that, a champion might fall for the, Overkill rule. Especially against a hero with lots of attacks. I'd say its better to let someone accept, whos actually got a chance of damaging the enemy AND survive.
    Try and fit in some more models in the 15 model units. Its important, especially on the recieving end of a cavalry charge, to have as many ranks as possible. Not to mention outnumbering. You can get find the points in some of these ways:
    Make one of your Thanes cheap. In a 1500 point game, there isnt going to be a nasty Lord-ish character. A Thane with GW, MroGromril is worth 94 points. And he's able to kill knights.
    Remove the RoSanctuary. Yeah, its pretty cheap, but you already have 6 DD's and have removed one from your opponent. You could add the RoSpellbreaking on the runesmith. It takes away a few points, but if the DD's arent enough, thats there to save you.
    You COULD also gamble a bit, and remove one of your BT's. Unless you're ultra unlucky, you should be able to get a few good hits with the BT and atleast 1 good hit with the Organ Gun.

Take in mind, these are only ideas. The army looks good and have a good number of artillery shots + tough characters.

Hope it was helpfull enough.

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Thanks for your comments

Not so smart to remove one of my BT, I have managed the last 5 games to throw almost exclusively 1's :p Seriously, a match against empire recnetly and 4 turns long every turn a 1. :p

You are right about the second thane, a cheaper and propably stronger combo:

former build:
    • rune of cleaving
    • rune of resistance
    • rune of stone
    • Master rune of challenge
    New build:
    Thane: (119)
    - great weapon, gromgril armour,
    • Master rune of gromgril
    • rune of resistance
    saves me about 20 pts while he has 1 str more and very hard to kill. I think I'd better keep the champions and rune of sanctuary. The champions so at least something will be able to strik back after a knight charge and not just the hero on his own. The rune of sanctuary, because the ironbreakers will propably be a primary target for those nasty evil spells every army seems to have. Trust me, in 1500 pts people go very easily past 6 DD.

But what should I do with the remaining 20 pts? I could remove the musician of the quarrelers btw, there are more runes accesable for 25 pts.
    Last edited by The bearded one; December 27th, 2008 at 11:31.

+ Reply to Thread