2250 Improvements? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Improvements?

This is my current 2250 list. It's worked out really well for me so far, but I'm always open to suggestions.

Dwarf Lord with Shield and Shield Bearers. Rune of Might, Master Rune of steel, Rune of Stone, and Master Rune of Spite.

18 Hammerers with full command and Rune of Sanctuary X3

Thane(Battle Standard Bearer) with Master Rune of Stromni Redbeard, Rune of Courage.

19 Ironbreakers with full command, Rune of Battle, and Rune of Stoicism

Runesmith with Master Rune of Balance and Rune of Spellbreaking

19 Longbeards with full command, Rune of Courage, and Rune of Sanctuary.

2 units of 10 Thunderers bare bones.

1 Cannon with Rune of burning

1 Grudge Thrower

1 Gyrocopter

Let me know what you folks think should be changed.

Last edited by vote4pedro; March 23rd, 2009 at 14:42.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

It looks quite good, though I dislike the lack of warrior units. These are the mainstay of the dwarf army, personally I would never leave the hold without at least two. But your infantry are good, tough and elite. Though I think you might have gone overboard on the runes for units - makes them very expensive, and (say for the hammerers) you only really need two. I would consider adding a rune of battle to the hammerers and longbeards. I find that the RoCourage is only useful if you're facing a heavy fear causer army, otherwise the LD9/10 is more than enough to carry you through.

I am not a fan of runic standards on the BSB. This guy is too important to be wandering around with just a 4+ save to his name. I prefer to give mine protection - MRoGromril is the best choice - and then a weapon rune or two.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 5 people I play against regularly. Of the 5 2 play vampire counts, 1 plays daemons of chaos, and another plays monster heavy dark elves. That being said immune to fear and terror goes a LONG way against them.

I've made a few changes though. Like you said the BSB is way too important to be that easy to kill. I've dropped the runic bsb and given him the master rune of gromril and a runic weapon with master rune of swiftness, rune of cleaving, and rune of burning. This makes him harder to kill and lets him cleave the front line in half before anybody else swings. With the Ironbreakers having their own standard double their unit strength it makes fear causing units seem much less frightfull. This change makes me lose 1 static combat res, but I gain a stronger character.

I've also dropped the magic resistance from my hammerers standard and given them the master rune of grungni to help in the instances that I end up having to march across the board.

I took the rune of stone off my dwarf lord since when mounted on shieldbearers you can only have a 1+ save ever and replaced it with a rune of burning on the weapon to deal with those pesky hydras and vampires in the regeneration unit.

I downgraded the Longbeards to warriors and dropped the cannon to put in 2 bolt throwers with engineers and an organ gun.

This is the current list:

(298 ) Dwarf Lord with Shield and Shield Bearers. Rune of Might, Rune of Burning Master Rune of steel and Master Rune of Spite.

(314 ) 18 Hammerers with full command and Master Rune of Grungni

(185 ) Thane(Battle Standard Bearer) with Master Rune of Swiftness, Rune of Cleaving, Master rune of Gromril and Rune of Burning

(327 ) 19 Ironbreakers with full command, Rune of Battle, and Rune of Stoicism

(151 ) Runesmith with Master Rune of Balance and Rune of Spellbreaking, great weapon and shield.

(196 ) 19 Warriors with full command and shields.

(280 ) 2 units of 10 Thunderers bare bones.

(125 ) 2 Bolt Throwers with Engineers and one with the Rune of Burning

(110 ) Grudgethrower with Rune of Accuracy and Rune of Burning

(120 ) Organ Gun

(140 ) Gyrocopter

2246 Total.

Thoughts?

JJB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really think you shoukld give your thunderers shields, because your opponent can catch these guys easily (because of your lack of combat troops)
    Also give your lord either a great weapon with master rune of kragg the grim, or give him r o cleaving. 4 (6) strength 4 attack wont scare anybody of. ok you might be able to kill that bloodthirster, or the hydra, but the chance that some one will charge hammerers in the front is quiet small with such a creature. so your lord will almost only be facing guys with toughness 3 or 4.
    just my thoughts, but i could be completely wrong as i dont know the armylists your friends play with.

+ Reply to Thread