2500pt dwarf list throw me some poiners - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500pt dwarf list throw me some poiners

Im not too sure bout this list so be nice =p lol

dwarf lord - shield,oath stone,rune of challenge,rune of alaric the mad, rune of preservation,with the ironbreakers

thane -great wepon, rune of cleaving x2,rune of kargg the grim with the warriors

thane - shield, rune of furyx2,rune of cleaving with the longbeards

master engineer,shield, brace of pistols

warriors 15 - shields

longbeards 20 - shields,rune of grungni

quarrekkers 10 - shields

quarrekkers 10 - shields

cannon-not too sure wat to toss on my cannos

cannon-

ironbreakers 20 - shields,rune of slowness

grudge thrower-like with the cannons not too sure wat to put with them
    grudge thrower-

ok so that is other then the grudge throwers and cannons so if ya have any input on where i should take stuff of or put stuff in or runes i should use feel free to toss me your ideas

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will do.

dwarf lord - shield,oath stone,rune of challenge,rune of alaric the mad, rune of preservation,with the ironbreakers
    The general view of oath stones is that they aren't worth it. I would instead give him shieldbearers and a R of stone, straight up he already has a 1+ armour save (+2 from shieldbearers). He now does not need a shield so i would give him a great weapon. This would take him to S6 so i don't think it is necessary to have the MR of Alaric the mad - they already get a -3 modifier. Instead, you can give him MR of Kragg the Grimm in a combination with any good runes. R of snorri spangelhem, R of cleaving and R of fury are good, pick 2 of them to go with MR of Kragg. With shieldbearers you also wouldn't need rune of preservation because they boost him to unit strength 3 (immune to killing blow). A rune resistance is great for its points and MR of steel is normally worth it, but you wont be able to fit in MR of steel with all the other good runes.

thane -great wepon, rune of cleaving x2,rune of kargg the grim with the warriors
    S8! lol, S7 max is best i think, but if your Dwarf lord has MR of Kragg the thane cant have the same so i would suggest giving him the following combo.
    MR of swiftness, R of fury and of course R of cleaving. For the defense side i would go with a rune of stone and a shield for a 2+ armour save.

thane - shield, rune of furyx2,rune of cleaving with the longbeards
    Unfortunately at the moment you have no magice defense . I would suggest getting rid of this second thane and adding in a ruesmith as follows: shield, MR of balance, R of spellbreaking. This is the minimum i think you can have for magic defense, especially in 2500 points!

Great, i see you have resisted giving you ME runes. He doesn't need them.

Unfortunately you can't have this many characters ina 2500 point battle, you will need to get rid of him.

warriors 15 - shields
    Generally units of warriors should be 20 minimum, 25 is even better and they should have a full command group. The shields are great.

longbeards 20 - shields,rune of grungni
    Excellent. , just add in a full command group.

quarrekkers 10 - shields
    Good.
    quarrekkers 10 - shields
    Good.

cannon-not too sure wat to toss on my cannos
    Most people agree that a R of forging is best for your cannons.

cannon-
    A R of forging and a R of burning to keep the rule of pride happy.

ironbreakers 20 - shields,rune of slowness
    Good, but i don't think you need the R of slowness, a R of stoicism and a R of battle combined would work better. They also need full command.

grudge thrower-like with the cannons not too sure wat to put with them
    I love these war machines. Now, you need a rune of accuracy, a rune of penetrating and a rune of burning on this. With the master engineer with it you can re-roll the scatter dice and the artillery dice if you want. With good guesses it will kill double its points every game.

grudge thrower-
    Again, go with the rune of accuracy and the rune of penetrating, just drop the rune of burning to satisfy the rule of pride.

Unfortunately you cannot have 5 special units in this amount of points - 4 is the max. I would just drop the 2nd cannon.

Finished, good luck and i hope that helps a lot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ya that does help out a lot but i throught i was able to take the same rune more then once unless i have been miss lead somewhere lol i say this cuz its happend to a few times that i get in crap for having 2 of the same rune

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the bottom right of page 43 in the Dwarf army book under 'rules of the runes'. In number 4 it states "No master rune may be used more than once per army, and no more than one master rune can be inscribed on an item." This only applies to master runes however (MR of Kragg the Grim is an example), so you can have multiple runes of cleaving for example as long they don't break the 'rule of pride'. The following is legal:

Dwarf lord - great weapon.
    Runic weapon - MR of Kragg the Grim, rune of snorri spangelhelm, rune of cleaving.

Thane
    Runic weapon - MR of swiftness, rune of snorri spangelhelm, rune of cleaving.

Both of these characters have satisfied all rules, but if they both had MR of Kragg the Grim it would be illegal. Hope that answers your question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes that does thanks a lot

+ Reply to Thread