2000pts Dwarf Army list -competetive - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Dwarf Army list -competetive

Hey guys this is my first post here so firstly sorry for any abnormalities. Played with my dwarf army for quite a while now and just hoping to start becoming really competetive with it and getting into tournaments. Made some recent amendments to and and just want to ask what you think could be changed or altered to make it pack a punch.

2000 Pts - Dwarfs Army

Lord - Thorek Ironbrow
    Hero - Thane; Oath stone;Master Rune of Gromril; Rune of Fury

Core - 10 Quarrellers - Crossbow; Light Armour
    Core - 10 Thunderers - Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour
    Core - 20 Dwarf Warriors - Sheilds; Full Command

Special - Cannon (ran out of points to stick forging on this)
    Special - Cannon - Rune of Forging
    Special - 19 Ironbreakers (thane goes in here) - Full command; Master Rune of Grungni

Rare - Organ Gun
    Rare + Hero - Malakai Makaisson's Goblin-Hewer

TOTAL POINTS:1997

I've been considering perhaps dropping a unit of Quarrellers and fitting in 2 bolt throwers into the list, however I have never really used bolt throwers and don't know how they would fare in my list. Also just questioning if the goblin hewer is actually useable in tournaments as if not i would most likely fit in a stone thrower instead. Cheers in advance for any advice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

List looks fairly good, just a few suggestions.

Lord - Thorek Ironbrow

Hero - Thane; Oath stone;Master Rune of Gromril; Rune of Fury
    Most people think an oath stone isn't worth it, so i would consider dropping this and using the points leftover to give him MR of swiftness. I would also advise you to drop the MR of gromril and instead give him a rune of stone and a shield instead. All it does is drop your armour save from 1+ up to 2+, but gives you an extra 18 points.

Looks good, but i think shields are a must.

See above.

Core - 10 Thunderers - Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour
    See above.

Core - 20 Dwarf Warriors - Sheilds; Full Command

Special - Cannon (ran out of points to stick forging on this)
    Just my opinion, but i would rather a grudge thrower over a cannon - with the runes of accuracy and penetrating.

Looks good.

Special - 19 Ironbreakers (thane goes in here) - Full command; Master Rune of Grungni

Rare - Organ Gun

I have never actually used or seen one of these before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for the advice, and yes I'm a dirty thorek user but as my army is mainly shooty shooty I find the extra turn or so of shooting wrath and ruin gives me since their units are slowed is very useful and it also stops flyers charging into my thunderers and quarrelers and beating them into the ground and pegging it off the board.
    I have been tempted lately to go for a grudge thrower and I've been wondering if it is worth to invest in a master engineer for it. I've never used a grudge throwed before but from what it sounds like the potential to reroll the scatter and artillery dice sounds dirty and I can see it in games easily getting its points back.
    I have considrered booting thorek for a normal runesmith to get some extra points for upgrading some other things in my army - I have been thinking about upgrading the warriors to longbeards and giving them rune of slowness or rune if battle and stoicism.

Here's a proposed new list just wondering what you guys think its like in comparison to the old one and any tips and advice are much appriciated:

Lord - Runelord - Anvil of Doom; Rune of Spellbreaking; Master Rune of Balance
    Hero - Master Engineer (goes with the grudge thrower)

Core - 10 Quarrellers - Crossbow; Light Armour; Shields
    Core - 10 Quarrellers - Crossbow; Light Armour; Shields
    Core - 10 Thunderers - Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour; Shields
    Core - 20 Dwarf Warriors - Shields; Full Command

Special - Grudge Thrower - Rune of Accuracy; Rune of Penetrating
    Special - 20 Ironbreakers- Full command; Master Rune of Grungni

Rare - Organ Gun

TOTAL POINTS:2000

Also just a quick note about the Master Engineering entrenchment. It states that one war machine apart from a gyro can be entrenched, however the anvil of doom states that is is considered a war machine. Does this mean that the anvil can be entrenched, and if so is it worth entrenching the anvil?
    Last edited by Deku; May 27th, 2009 at 14:46.

JJB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the anvil can be entrenched

Also, you're not allowed to upgrade the unit of warriors to longbeards as you havent got a second unit of warriors, nor do you have a character which has the Royal Blood Special Rule.

furthermore, Bolt throwers ROCK!!!
    one cannon is enough IMO, a GT instead of of one cannon would make your list nastier.

And I really want to know what the goblin hewer does... does anyone know where i could find that?

Good luck with your battles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As to people wondering about the goblin hewer rules they are in the storm of Chaos book that was released a while back.

Malakai Makaison's Goblin Hewer (Da Warpath)

Some guy in some forums commenting on the rules and what they are and how he got owned by a dwarf player using it

JJB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW!! I think i might actually order one now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep they are really hench and for what they are they are a ridiculously low pointed unit- only 130! ^^. They are brilliant at eating through big ranked units of if your playing someone and they expose their knights flank or so it brilliant!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a few points for your second list. All your core choices look fantastic but with your special i think one cannon is enough. But if you want to keep the 2nd cannon you will need to put R of burning on it so it is legal. Also, the grudge thrower's runes are good (those two are pretty much mandatory), but lately i have been using my two throwers without ME's and they still mamnage to wipe out roughly the same points each game. I don't think you need a ME, but they are useful. Otherwise, list looks good.

JJB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think ME's are really useful, especially if you're playing with an anvil. entrenching it will reduce the chance that it will get shot horrendously, especially as you dont randomise on the anvil.

+ Reply to Thread