750 point Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

750 point Friendly

I am a wood elf player but I have helped my friend put this list together and would love some feedback from experienced dwarves. It's an army list for our campaign so it could be used against Wood elves, Empire and Chaos warriors.s

Thane 142
    shield
    RoResistance
    RoStone
    MRoSpite

Warriors 276
    24 models with shields
    Full Command

Thunderers 195
    13 models with shields

Cannon 135
    Rune of Forging (reroll missfires)
    Rune of Reloading (can fire every turn regardless of missfires and assuming there is atleast 1 crew member)

----------
    total 748

Last edited by tbeckett; June 4th, 2009 at 06:05.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to enforce forum rules but you cannot post indevidual prices, try writing it like this:

Thane:
    Shield
    RoResistance
    RoStone
    MRoSpite

Total: 142

Anyway, if he faces a lot of chaos, I would recomend taking an organ gun over the cannon

JJB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the list isnt right, 24 warriors dont cost 276 pts. also i'd recommend taking those thunderers from 13 to ten, an organ gun over the cannon, and down grade the character.

You now got a thane who isnt going to die. but if he breaks and runs, all those points are wasted. if i were you, i'd put on a r o cleaving on your thane instead of the m r o spite. does he really need that 4+ ward save. S5 is a lot more useful in small games, and it spares you antoher 25 pts.

an organ gun more useful than a cannon, because it can tear units apart with one shot, that's something a cannon cant. also an organ gun is the only REAL good thing versus skirmishers, and heavy cav in a dwarf army. (except if you get a flank shot at that cav, but that's not likely to happen.
    it also frightens people when you have an organ gun, they will always try to avoid it, and therefore will interfere with their tactical moves, or something.

10 thunderers work better IMO, because it is easier to deploy them. also i dont think that 3 thunderers arent going to make a big difference but it will save you 45 points!

warriors are good.

So you now have a lot of spare points. might be an idea of putting in a bolt thrower with r o penetrating and r o burning and an engineer. maybe if you can squeeze it in a unit of 10 hammerers or slayers? that way you will have a "block" of infantry that will hold quite a long time thich means you wont ever. or you could go for a unit of quarrelers qith great weapons.

Hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Thanks for the great advice. A quick question on grudge throwers: are they useful or are they far to unpredictable?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with pretty much all that JJB has said, although i think the thane doesn't even the R of resistance, just give a R of cleaving and a R of stone. As for the GT they are my favourite dwarf unit. In every army i take there is at least one, usually two. Once you start getting your guessing on target they absolutely own. As for the unpredictability, with the GT you can choose to re-roll the scatter dice and/or artillery dice. I would have to enforce JJB's decision to drop the cannon, in its place you can have either the organ gun or the GT. A GT with a R of accuracy (re-roll scatter) and a R of penetrating (+1ST) cost only 130 points - less than that cannon. With everything else just listen to JJB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I've put together a new list

Thane 117
    RoResistance
    RoStone
    RoCleaving

Warriors 216
    24 with shields
    Full command

Thunderers 165
    11 with shields

Organ Gun 120

Grudge Thrower 130
    RoAccuracy
    RoPenetrating

----748 total

Do you guys think this is a good list or does it rely too heavy on the warmachines? Would it be better to drop one of the warmachines for another unit of slayers or hammerers?

JJB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again the 24 warriors arent right. 24 warriors with shields and Full Command costs 241, so you might want to have another look at your list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

gah why do i always fail at math like this lol.... slight tweaking

Thane 117
    RoResistance
    RoStone
    RoCleaving

Warriors 226
    24 with shields
    Std Bearer

Thunderers 150
    10 with shields

Organ Gun 120

Grudge Thrower 135
    RoAccuracy
    RoPenetrating
    RoFlaming

----748 total
    Last edited by tbeckett; June 6th, 2009 at 17:43.

JJB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That looks a lot better, though i would recommend FC on the dwarf warriors.
    also you forgot the shield on your thane.
    You might as well want an engineer on your GT. such a thing blowing up in small games would really suck.

rest looks okay

+ Reply to Thread