1000 Point Friendly army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Royal_Marine_Machine's Avatar
    The Room Next To Wolf Lord Herby/Nottingham
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

1000 Point Friendly army.

Only one thing I'd lke to keep are the Rangers, as I want to see how well Rangers do on the battlefield

No Model limitaions xD

Heores:
    Thane Gronir
    Shield
    Runic Axe:
    Rune of Fury
    Rune of Cleaving
    Runic Armour:
    3x Rune of Stone
    Total: 127 Pts

Runesmith Tronik
    Great Weapon
    Spell Eater Rune
    Rune of Spell Breaking
    Total: 149 Pts

Core:
    10x Dwarf Warriors
    Shields
    Full Command
    Total: 115 Pts

10x Dwarf Warriors
    Shields
    Full Command

10xDwarf Thunderers
    Musician
    Veteran
    Total: 155 Pts

10xRangers (Crossbows)
    Full Command
    Total: 165 pts

Special:
    Cannon
    Master Rune of Immolation
    Total: 120 Pts

Bolt thrower
    Rune of Burning
    Total: 50 Pts

TOTAL: 996 Pts.

Thoughts oh wise Long beards?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yay! No model limitations . I understand why you want to see how the rangers will go. A while back i did exactly the same thing and learnt they really don't deserve to be called rangers . But you never know, they may turn out good for you

Thane Gronir - I like the name, gives some character.
    Shield
    Runic Axe:
    Rune of Fury
    Rune of Cleaving
    Runic Armour:
    3x Rune of Stone
    Looks good, i would just like to point out that the 3x R of stone doesn't work... In the rune of stone description it states 'multiples of this rune have no further effect', I know this sucks but we dwarfs have to live with it. I think he would still be okay with just the one R of stone (2+ FTW).

Runesmith Tronik
    Great Weapon
    Spell Eater Rune
    Rune of Spell Breaking
    Unless you know you're going to be vsing a magic heavy army i think the 4 DD we start with is enough to shut down their magic phase IMO.

10x Dwarf Warriors
    Shields
    Full Command

10x Dwarf Warriors
    Shields
    Full Command
    I think it would be better if these 2 units were actually put together to make one unit of 20. But perhaps you are trying to guard the flanks? Equipment is perfect.

10xDwarf Thunderers
    Musician
    Veteran
    , gotta like thunderers. Try to give them shields if you can.

10xRangers (Crossbows)
    Full Command
    Have fun testing them

Cannon
    Master Rune of Immolation
    , you really want to blow this thing up? A R of forging would be better IMO.

Bolt thrower
    Rune of Burning
    Looks good, just try to squeeze an engineer in if you can.

Overall looks like a fairly solid list, just a few suggestions for you to consider. Be sure to tell me how those rangers go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Damn, I'll just go with 1 (forgot about the shield as well, so I was giving him a 0+ save ) and have 10 more points to spend on something

I would give the thunderers shields but I don't really want to get them into combat - if they had shields I would be mroe inclined to think "Hmmm... Ah Well I'll just charge them!"

i'm not sure what opponents I'll be facing - it's really just a force that can tackle anything, plus I hate magic phases (forget they exist) so I'm unsure about the runesmith. I could replace him with a Master engineer and a Engineer for the Bolt Thrower and Cannon - but to avoid people taking things purely to take out what the opposing army has (for eg. if they had a flyer taking the seeking rune) we arn't allowed to change our lists between games unless we stick with that list for the whole time.

As for the cannon - I like seeing the look on peoples faces when they charge the cannon crew and it explodes though Rune of Forging makes more sense :p But is 5 points more, I could get it if I dropped the Rune of Burning from the Bolt Thrower Mind... Hmm I'll do that xD Also replaced the 2 Runes of Stones with a Rune of striking (So I can take on some other Big charcters eg. Black orc Big Boss)

Heores:
    Thane Gronir
    Shield
    Runic Axe:
    Rune of Fury
    Rune of Cleaving
    Runen of Striking
    Runic Armour:
    Rune of Stone
    Total: 127 Pts

Runesmith Tronik
    Great Weapon
    Spell Eater Rune
    Rune of Spell Breaking
    Total: 149 Pts

Core:
    10x Dwarf Warriors
    Shields
    Full Command

10x Dwarf Warriors
    Shields
    Full Command

10xDwarf Thunderers
    Musician
    Veteran
    Total: 155 Pts

10xRangers (Crossbows)
    Full Command
    Total: 165 pts

Special:
    Cannon
    Rune of forging
    Total: 125 Pts

Bolt thrower
    Total: 45 Pts

TOTAL: 996 Pts.

Still Undecided on the Runesmith front

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very true with the thunderers, but for only 10 points their save goes from 6+ to 4+ in combat. I try to avoid combat with them to, but sometimes a unit of heavy cavalry somehow gets past my concentrated fire. My vote would be for not having the runesmith, but we'll just wait and see what everyone else thinks . Just my opinion, but i think an organ gun would be better than the cannon - it also costs 5 less points. And if you take the R of striking back off the thane that gives you the 15 points necessarry to get the engineer on the bolt thrower! . Just some suggestions that may help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Ah yes but I'm going to use my thane as a "Character Killer" Issueing Challenges and destroying enemy heros and champions - they can be very dangerous at small points games! I would have an oath Stone for this but I don't see the point, most people accept challenges anyway as a matter of pride, and to deny me of Bragging rights, they'd rather fight and die than have be humiliated by being called a coward repeatadly

Anyway back to the point - the added weapon Skill will boost his up to 7 - which is higher than every other unmodified Warrior-hero that is likely to appear in 1000 points.

JJB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see this list winning anything nor do i see this list drawing anything. Those blocks just arent big enough to hold any charge. Dwarf Warriors should always be with 20 guys or more. you can achieve this by dropping the runesmith and the r o striking on the thane (youve got 4 dispel dice, that's more than enough.) Also drop the full command on the rangers, they dont need it or anything.
    you should drop the veteran on the unit thunderers, and replace him by shields.
    If you can you should at least put an engineer on your BT. If you can mange to rune the whole thing up a little bit that'd be a major improvement. Maybe drop the musician of the thunderers and put a rune of flaming on? that way, its easier to take on hydra's, treemen, etc. A rune of flaming is much better than a musician IMO.

Hope this helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

If I'm allowed to speak freely - I don't see the logic in your feedback JJB.

I've had 10 strong Infantry blocks fend off units before - plenty of times - Dwarf Warriors are tough! Also at least 20 strong? that's far too expensive for a force thats concentrating on firepower like this one. Two smaller blocks means I can cover more of my line.

The Rangers need a full command because they are going to be infront of my entire army so need to hold their own in CC.

We've already discussed the Runesmith and i'm still undecided but will probably just see how it goes. 4 DD will be enough unless they make a real effort in their Magic then they will walk up and down on my 4 DD and I have nothing to counter it with!

The veteran is there incase the unit gets caught in CC, the extra attack may help, but more importantly if theres a big nasty character he can call them into a duel and get killed - but less of my thunderers die, they will probably flee and then rally so all is good. I originally had a rune of Flaming but swapped it for a Rune of Forging on the Cannon. I would put an Engineer if I had the points.

The rune of striking is there to help my Thane in the role of a "Character killer" - meaning he has a better WS than most characters he's going to be up against at 1000 Points (WS matters alot - means more of my attacks hit).

JJB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Royal_Marine_Machine View Post
    If I'm allowed to speak freely - I don't see the logic in your feedback JJB.
    OK, relax.

I've had 10 strong Infantry blocks fend off units before - plenty of times - Dwarf Warriors are tough! Also at least 20 strong? that's far too expensive for a force thats concentrating on firepower like this one. Two smaller blocks means I can cover more of my line.
    If you think 10 warriors is enough to hold most things, you probably face elves alot, because ive never seen a unit of 10 warriors stand to a unit of 20 orcs, or even 25 goblins before.

The Rangers need a full command because they are going to be infront of my entire army so need to hold their own in CC.
    You shouldnt go with rangers in the first place. They just suck, and if you want to try them, thats fine by me, but you'd be much better off with a gyrocopter (so you can marchblock while shooting at you opponent) or go with a organ gun (you say your army is based on shooting)

We've already discussed the Runesmith and i'm still undecided but will probably just see how it goes. 4 DD will be enough unless they make a real effort in their Magic then they will walk up and down on my 4 DD and I have nothing to counter it with!
    if 4 DD isnt enough, 5 isnt either, and with those 2 scrolls you can counter their magic but I'm just saying those points could be put to use elsewhere.

The veteran is there incase the unit gets caught in CC, the extra attack may help, but more importantly if theres a big nasty character he can call them into a duel and get killed - but less of my thunderers die, they will probably flee and then rally so all is good. I originally had a rune of Flaming but swapped it for a Rune of Forging on the Cannon. I would put an Engineer if I had the points.
    If your thunderers will actually fight, something horribly went wrong (guess they broke through your tiny units of warriors). Like you said, a champion is there so he can be slaughtered. But if you think those thundererrs will go 'combatting' people they'd still be better of with shields.

The rune of striking is there to help my Thane in the role of a "Character killer" - meaning he has a better WS than most characters he's going to be up against at 1000 Points (WS matters alot - means more of my attacks hit).A rune of snorri Spangelhelm will get you +1 to hit so he will hit everything on 3's and 2's!!!!! and it only costs 15 pts more then striking...

Hope you get my points now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Yes I get them- imho I still think your wrong (without meaning to cause offence) as I've never played Elves - I've played Cult of Ulric and Orcs alot, and my 10 warriors have done more than their points worth! Yes I know if my Thunderers get into CC then something has gone wrong, but still, battles do not always go our way!

15 points are alot, I would have to take Rune of Cleaving off - and I need the high strength to take out bigger characters/monsters!

I've tested the Rangers and i can't see what people are on about saying that they are rubbish - use them properly and they can be a right Thorn in your enemy's side.

Again i don't mean to sound offensive or "disrespectful", I merely think that you're wrong

JJB
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont know how you manage standing up to 20 orcs with only 10 warriors, but if you like the units small, its fine by me. i just think that dwarf warriors should always go by 15 -20 guys.

i still think shields is better to have in close combat then having a champion, no matter what the circumstances are. dont take cleaving off, it should do ok, but you could drop a warrior (you like your units small) and maybe a musician on your thunderers. and there youve got 15 spare points.

rangers just suck, because they arent skirmish, and they cost way too much points. but, if you think they're useful, you can use them. i dont care, i was just suggesting things.

if you think i'm wrong, its not really my problem... i just think you should take my suggestions in consideration. but i dont want to get in a fight or anything so...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast