2250pts dwarf comp army. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

2250pts dwarf comp army.

I have a tournament in February and i made my dwarf army as a mix of shooting and melee. I am looking for some criticism and advise to make it even better!

My army:

Lord:

Dwarf lord

Great weapon
    Shieldbearers

Ms rune of kragg the grim
    Rune of cleaving
    Rune of fire
    Rune of preservation
    Rune of stone
    Ms rune of spite
    Rune of warding

Heroes:
    Thane -BSB

Thane

Shield
    Rune of fury
    rune of cleving
    Ms rune of swiftness
    rune of stone

Runesmith

Shield
    Ms rune of balance
    Rune of spellbreaking

Core

15 Warriors(Thane or runesmith?)
    -shields
    -musician

10 thunderers

20 dwarf longbeards(thane and runesmith?)
    -full command
    -shield

Special:

18 hammerers(where the lord goes in)
    -full command

20 Ironbreakers(battlestandard goes in here)
    -Full command
    -Rune of courage

2 bolt thrower
    -2x rune of penetrating
    -1x rune of burning
    -2x engineer

Rare:

-Organ gun
    -Gyrocopter

2248 points

I hope to slow the enemy with the gyrocopter and shoot at it as much as possible, and last but not least charge beat them into the ground.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

That GW on the lord is useless, you get one with Kragg rune

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Ooglatjama View Post
    That GW on the lord is useless, you get one with Kragg rune
    Are you sure? Because the armybook only says it only can be placed on a great weapon not that you get one if you take the rune.. But maybe i could find the answer in armybuilder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

The Master Rune of Kragg can be put on a GW to maintain its normal powers (2+ strength, strike last). Normally, when you take a GW and you inscribe it with runes, the GW benefits is lost.
    The rune of preservation and the rune of warding can be easily be taken off. With the Shieldbearers, the Lord gets a US of 3 which makes him immune to killing blow. Rune of Warding, is for characters who wonder about without a unit. And you might wanna stick him in one of your infantry blocks.

Your Warrior unit should be bulked up to atleast 20. Thats where they work best. If you know, the characters you have, are going to stick with the units the entire battle, you dont have to buy 20 warriors. In your Ironbreaker unit, for example, you can save some points, only buying 19.The same with the Longbeards.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by King Alriks Bodyguard View Post
    The Master Rune of Kragg can be put on a GW to maintain its normal powers (2+ strength, strike last). Normally, when you take a GW and you inscribe it with runes, the GW benefits is lost.
    The rune of preservation and the rune of warding can be easily be taken off. With the Shieldbearers, the Lord gets a US of 3 which makes him immune to killing blow. Rune of Warding, is for characters who wonder about without a unit. And you might wanna stick him in one of your infantry blocks.

Your Warrior unit should be bulked up to atleast 20. Thats where they work best. If you know, the characters you have, are going to stick with the units the entire battle, you dont have to buy 20 warriors. In your Ironbreaker unit, for example, you can save some points, only buying 19.The same with the Longbeards.
    Thank you for the advise for my lord and his runes!

The reason why my units are this big is thatif any of them get shot on the way they don't lose a rank imidiately but maybe i should follow your advise and bulk up my warriors unit. I could get rid of the 2 runes and decrease my ironbreakers and longbeards so i can buy 5 warriors but i lose my magic resistance on my hammerers which already are very vunerable.. But i think i go for the warriors

+ Reply to Thread