2250 Balanced List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Balanced List

Hi everyone, I am a Lizardmen player that is thinking about expanding into Dwarfs and would like your opinion about an army list I wrote up. I am not sure if I am using the runes correctly. My goal was to create a strong firing line of Bolt Throwers and Thunderers and still have enough close combat ability to deal with any enemy models that reach my line. Also, please let me know if this list is considered to be too cheesy, I want to try to keep my list balanced so the games will be fun.

Lord:
    Dwarf Lord, Runic Axe (Master Rune of Alaric the Mad, Master Rune of Swiftness, Rune of Cleaving), Shield, Gromril Armor (Rune of Preservation, 2 Runes of Stone), Rune of the Furnace-273
    Hero:
    Runesmith, Shield, Master Rune of Spellbinding, Rune of Spell Breaking-147
    Thane, Runic Axe (2 Runes of Cleaving, Rune of Fire), Shield, Rune of Stone-117
    Thane, BSB (Master Rune of Valaya), Shield-192
    Core:
    10 Thunders-140
    10 Thunders-140
    20 Dwarf Warriors, Musician, Standard-175
    20 Longbeards, Musician, Standard (Rune of Slowness)-285
    Special:
    20 Ironbreakers, Musician, Standard (Rune of Stoicism)-303
    1 Bolt Thrower, Master Rune of Skewering, Rune of Penetrating, Rune of Burning, Engineer-120
    1 Bolt Thrower, Rune of Penetrating, Rune of Burning, Engineer-90
    1 Bolt Thrower, Rune of Penetrating, Engineer-85
    1 Bolt Thrower, Engineer-60
    Rare:
    1 Organ Gun-120
    Total=2247

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you're not allowed 2 master runes on one particular item, and I also think you can't have 2 runes of stone on one guy. So if you revise those 2 things, you should be in the clear. That is all I can contribute because I have yet to play with my dwarf army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Except for the 2 master runes and the 2 runes of stone is there no problem. I mostly play with 2 ballista's, i think 4 of them is too much but thats my personal interests Maybe you van try to put a grudgethrower or a cannon in it instead of 4 ballista i think the game will be more fun. For you and the other player.
    Alos i think if you want to shoot as much as possible you could consider taking a gyrocopter in your army to fly behind the enemy lines and don't allow them to march

hope i could help a little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much. I will correct the errors you both pointed out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think your BSB can carry a shield either.

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Indeed he can't. List looks nice, however your warriors and longbeards don't have shields!
    Shields, NOW! * freaks out *

And if you are going for a dwarf lord, always put him on shieldbearers! Incredibly cheap for what it does! It makes you immune to killing blow ( because you are US3 ), gives an extra 2 ws5 str4 attacks and +2 to the armoursave! You should just keep him simple. This is my own build:
    Dwarf lord
    shieldbearers
    rune of stone
    great weapon
    masterrune of spite

226 pts, 1+ save, 4+ ward, str6, done.

Your thane can be cheaper:
    thane
    masterrune of gromril
    great weapon
    94 pts.

That way you will have a 1+ instead of 2+ save, and won't have to worry about spells or items that nullify magic weapons ( high elves, lore of metal, chaos, etc. )

The masterrune of valaya is interesting, I have never tried it before, I can't really advise something else. The BSB however is pretty vulnerable now, only a 4+ save.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good. Thank you for the advice. Did you you think you think the 4 bolt throwers were overboard?

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

A bit low on variation I guess, and it doesn't work extremely well against lots of infantry, where you will only get a few kills off a turn.

1 Bolt Thrower, Master Rune of Skewering, Rune of Penetrating, Rune of Burning, Engineer-120
    Replace this fella with a grudge thrower with rune of accuracy and rune of penetrating ( 130 pts ). You can get those extra 10 points from the points you have saved with your changed character builds. You have enough special slots for the grudge thrower and it is satisfying to see a str 5 template fall on a unit.

+ Reply to Thread