Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Dwarf lord ( always with the hammerers )
•rune of stone
•master rune of spite
•rune of warding
Thane ( Always with the longbeards )
•Master rune of gromril
•rune of might (
•rune of cleaving
Thane ( location variable )
•rune of fury
•rune of snorri spangelhelm
•rune of cleaving
•rune of stone
runesmith ( location variable, usually with the warriors )
•rune of stone
•rune of spellbreaking
20 dwarf warriors
•rune of courage
•rune of penetrating
•brace of pistols
•rune of forging
•rune of battle
5 dispelldice, 1 dispellrune, 1 unit with magic resistance ( hammerers )
78 models ( excl. warmachines )
A 2000 pts list to play friendly and mildly competative games with in my local store. It has a decent magical defence en magic resistance on the lord's unit and a dispellrune just in case.
Shooting is pretty nice, but not over the top. A cannon and str 7 bolt thrower to kill monsters, chariots, ocassionaly a knight, and possibly enemy warmachines. The organ gun can take out large numbers of enemy elites and knight units, and the two missile units just provide a bit of covering fire, taking out enemy missile units, weakening regular infantry units, and the thunderers can take some shots at heavily armoured units too.
I have 3 major combat units, and 3 tooled up characters.
- The Lord is nice and simple. 1+ save, 4+ ward, great weapon and shieldbearers.
- The BSB has a 1+ save and str 5 against T4 and lower ( I'd love to give him 4 attacks instead of str 5, but str 4 just doesn't cut it against T4 units). He has the rune of might and it has proven usefull. He has reaped a grim tally of enemy monsters and tough heroes . ( 3 ancient stegadons with engines of the gods, 3 wounds of a steamtank and 3 ( of 4 ) wounds of a tomb king prince).
- The combat thane is a proven combo as well. Grunt bane from the runic archive. Hits on 2's, wounds on 2's ( or 3's against T4 ). Has a 2+ save.
Now, now guys! Tear it apart in a storm of critique!
I changed the details slightly, changed a rune here and there. I gave the longbeards a rune of courage, because I don't want my major block to run off because of some stupid ld test. Far too often I've rolled 11 trying to charge something with my warriors. Finally able to get a charge, and then leadership gives out on you..
I love the list, what I usually ran before I fell in love with the anvil. I find magic to be a great nuisance, and While the Anvil gives you a great warmachine the Runelord runed up correctly gives you more than enough dispel dices. other than that I love it, I'd might go for the "battle/stoicism" instead on the longbeards though, as they have to kill a lot of longbeards to break that unit. But just my opinion, you seem like one of the longer beards so I'm not gonna lecture you
"Stand fast, for the honor of your Clan"
Might wanna consider the MroBalance. Even though its pretty costy, its going to help you against armies with a heavy range of magic. Some armies will, as a standard, have seven or eight power dice. And thats only on paper. So the MroBalance will, as the name says, balance the magic quite significantly.
Some minor, personal, changes could be:
- Dropping either the Quarrellers or the Thunderers, to help boost the other combat units.
- A Rune of Burning on either the Bolt Thrower or the Cannon, to help taking care of some of those Regeneration units in addition to other flamable units.
- If you dont plan on switching characters inside the units, you dont have to pay for all 20. A character in a 20 sized unit, actually only have to be 19. Its not a lot of points you get, but its still usefull. And you keep the rank bonus.
- Perhaps dropping the Ancestor Rune. Even though its only ten points, it might be better used elsewhere.
Other than that, I think it seems fine. Interesting, to give one of your Thanes a pistol. Might be able to pick of a model or two.
My thane has a pistol, the others can't carry any. You're right about the ancestor rune, I haven't had any use for it so far really. A rune of burning on the bolt thrower and rune of fire on the BSB's weapon will be more usefull. I did have those runes in my 2250 list.
I prefer to keep the units at 20 wiithout character. It is far more handy to have one or two ( if thane and BSB both join the longbeards, which they usually do, I will have 22 models ) extra models that can be picked off before you start losing ranks. In my experience people often only manage to knock off 1 dwarf warrior with a volley of str 3 arrows, or a D6 str4 hits spell, and I gleefully remove that last model, running behind the tray.