2500pt Tourney List: Losing is Depressing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500pt Tourney List: Losing is Depressing

So GW has this 2500pt tourney thing that I think I will be joining. The theme in all of my 2k+ lists is an offensive mindset. So here goes the list:

Lords:
    Runelord
    Anvil
    Great Weapon
    Shield
    Rune of Stone
    Rune of Spellbreaking

Heroes:
    Thane--------Hammerers
    BSB
    Rune of Guarding
    Strollaz Rune

Thane------Hammerers
    Great Weapon
    MRoChallenge
    MRoGromil

Core:
    20 Warriors
    FC
    Shields

20 Warriors
    FC
    Shields

20 Longbeards
    FC
    Shields
    Rune of Battle

10 Quarrelers
    Shields

10 Quarrelers
    Shields

Special:

Bolt Thrower
    Rune of Penetrating
    Engineer

Bolt Thrower
    Rune of Burning
    Engineer

Cannon
    Rune of Forging

19 Hammerers
    FC
    Shields
    Ancestor Rune
    Rune of Courage

15 Slayers
    Giant Slayer

Rare:
    Gyrocoptor

My idea is to use the gyrocoptor to hunt warmachines, wizards, and maybe some fast cav that are threatening my flanks. If he puts slow infantry on a far side I could march block them(although I want to be in combat most likely)
    Are the 20 quarrelers going to be wasted sitting back while my army moves up? I could put the quarrelers near the BSB with strollaz but with 5 blocks of infantry I see it being difficult to fit both units of xbows in the 12" range. My other idea was to take 15 rangers with xbows and GW but I have never taken them before. Would I be better off with a grudge thrower instead of a cannon? Are the banners on my infantry units useful or useless? are my heroes kitted out in a manner that fits the main tactic of my army?

The idea is to use the hammerers and Slayers as the two main blocks marching up the middle with warrior units on either side and long beards to the left of the Slayers

Here is my deployment Idea

Longbeards Warriors Slayers Hammerers Warriors

Will the longbeards be too far left from my hammerers?

Thanks for any Criticism in advance, the only theme I'm really trying to stick to is being offensive, but If it really makes me more competitive, I'll probably add it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

well i would recommend getting the special car. anvel thoerk because u can move a lot faster because of his increased chance to make his ancinet power roll. get rid of ancestor rune on the hamm. and drop the quarrlers and replace the cannon w/ grudge thrower because dwarf cannons are pretty puny. u may need some more runes on ur thane but it really does not matter the runes u have on him are pretty good, oh and i would suggest an organ gun those things are awsome.... just a thought .

hope my advice helps and good luck!!!

PS: its ok about losing i always lose to high elves and chaos so... i feel ur pain, even with all dwarf mag. res. all it takes is one irresistable force roll for him.. lol anyway good luck

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Quarrelers with shields are good for deffending a posistion especialy if you have table quarters. i personaly take one unit of Quarrlers and one of thunderers just to mix it up a little.

I would drop a unit of warriors, and also give the longbeards master rune of grungni over rune of battle, much more usefull. in turn one you can be half way across the table so a ward from missile fire of all description means you can march a block of 3 units straight at the enemy and not flinch. Also these guys put them in the centre of your line, allowing other units in 6 to reroll panic checks is great so get in shoulder to shoulder with these guys.

Drop the cannon, stone thrower is more useful at mass dammage but i would be just as easily tempted to take an organ gun to sit with the quarrelers and anvil as an extra deterant.

Although solid in combat (ish) the lack of armour or type of save makes me vier away from slayers. you could get a ward from master rune of grungni if close enough to the long beards but not my cup of tea.

You need minners. A good offensive dwarf army needs a unit of miners even if just to use a threat. I take 12 with charges and steam drill so i can reroll to come on, and then if i dont anvil them into a unit i throw the charges at a war machine or anything in range to do some damage or possibly even panic, making the enemy run at my advancing troops. can be expensive but they certainly make your opponent change the way he plays. you can even choose to bring them on on your edge if you feel you need some extra support at the anvil etc or some abscure tanle edge to capture a table quarter. Certainly worth taking.

Master rune of challenge i think works well if you have an uber character and masive combat res, but as it is i would change the thane to strke first(siwftness (or +1 to hitwith Snorri spanglhelm) with 4 (Fury)attacks at strength 5 (Cleaving), give him handweapon, shield, and rune of stone for a 1+ armoursave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by saltrock36 View Post
    I take 12 with charges and steam drill so i can reroll to come on, and then if i dont anvil them into a unit i throw the charges at a war machine or anything in range
    Unfornunately, you cant throw them as such. Their only use is, if you get charged. Then you can use them as a, stand-and-shoot weapon. No need to hit though.

Anyway, you could perhaps use a third thane. With all your you fruits in one basket, the other units seems a bit vulnerable.
    If you look in the runic archive thread, you will find a sneaky little trick with the MroChallenge. A way to lure a tasty cavalry unit out of the battleline, or make them flee.
    In an advancing army, Rangers could also provide a little twist.
    Even though its nice to have some warmachines, be carefull not to take too many. It'll be a problem to deploy them, and they will just get left behind. I'd probably give away the cannon and a quarrellere unit, and make some room for an Organ Gun and to help you boost your combat troops. The Organ Gun is really going to help you, taking out any units who might threaten the anvil or your softer units.
    Last edited by King Alriks Bodyguard; March 4th, 2010 at 15:23.

+ Reply to Thread