Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Before I'll give you my army list I have to tell you about that tournament rules:
1. Armies of 2000pts and each army is picked using only that armies basic book (no kislev allies, no ogre dogs of war etc), and using the latest FAQ
2. No special characters, no double rares and no treble specials
3. 0pts to 600 pts of Characters (this allowance includes mounts of characters, like dragons, and any other items/artefacts/machines etc that a character can take)
4. 600pts to 2000pts on Core
5. 0pts to 600pts on Special
6. 0pts to 300pts on Rare
7. Max 8 power dice including the basic 2 free dice. Each bound spell (Sigmarite prayers, Tomb King incantations etc) takes up 1 dice. Each ability or item that gives bonuses to cast (Vampire or slann abilities, Power stones, Rod of Power etc) takes up 1 dice.
8. Max 9 dispel dice including the basic 2 or 4 dice. Each dispel scroll takes up 1 dice. Each ability or item that makes it harder to cast or easier to dispel (Staff of Sorcery, Rod of Power etc) takes up 1 dice.
9. Deployment is blind and armylists are written in advance
This is my Army List:
221- Lord: Shield bearers, Great weapon, M R of Spite
275- BSB: M R of Stromni Redbeard, Strollaz's Rune, R of Guarding
81- Runesmith: Great Weapon, Shield, R of Stone
205- 20x Warriors: Shield, Full CG
315- 20x Longbeards: Shield, Full CG, M R of Grungini
310- 20x Longbeards: Shield, Full CG, R of Battle, R of Determination
289- 17x Hammerers: Shield, Standard, Musician, R o Stoicism, R o Battle
302- 19x Ironbreakers: Full CG, R of Battle.
I tried this army already against O&G army with 4 Shamans and it worked well. Result was: O&G 258 including one quarter- Dwarfs 989 no quarters. All idea is to march and crush all enemy units.
It looks solid enough, but i worry about the flanks a bit. 5 nice big units aswell im guessing to go forward in a big line, could potentialy see a big unit roll up the flank of your army. It would cut into your list but i would be tempted to throw a gyrocopter in to guard agains fast cavalry on the flanks as well as to add some even faster movement. The flame template will be good against ranks or skirmishers in wood aswell as your not rolling to hit (except partials), only to wound. Given the chance you can go lone wizard hunting (although unless you charge you steam gun only does one wound).
4 Elie combat units, i might try to drop one of the long beards down to warriors, it will mean you feel more happy to throw them into a hard combat and loosing them than feeling a massive punch if you unexpectedly loose one of your elites. Will also free up some points to spend elsewhere should you need it, like the unit champ in the hammerers.
Your suggestions are really good. I did play that game recently and O&G had a 3 units of fast cavalry they did noting!!!!!! maybe I was lucky or O&G are so bad(he he they are as all O&G). If you think about a protection against magic my opponent set up 4 shamans and it was not that bad. as most of enemy will do he concentrate on hammerers and got only 1/2 point for them. I still have one month to try different variants of that army. I'll play next game with same roster and if it will work I'll not make changes if it doesn't i'll do. I also have to think about a rules of tournament.
any way thank you very much