Librarium Online Forums banner

2000 Dwarfs vs Skaven friendly

<2000 
1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Adam Tucker 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi I've been out of the game for a while and have a friendly coming up with a friend and I have not had a chance to look at the new Skaven army book. Any tips or advice on the following would be greatly appreciated.

My friend has all of the models but wants to use a Hell Pit Abomination, Screaming Bell and if he can fit it in a Doomwheel. I can field most things but don't want to use a special character, nor do I have much luck with great weapons or my gyrocopter model staying in one piece.Thanks in advance.

General Thane (for Longbeards) 135pts
R o Stone
R o Might
MR o Flight

Master Engineer (for Grudge Thrower) 90pts
Pistol
R o Warding

Runesmith for warrior unit #1 145pts
MR o Balance
R o Might

Runesmith for warrior unit #2 145pts
MR o Spellbinding
R o Spellbreaking

Warrior unit #1 205pts
20 warriors, fcg, shields.

Warrior unit #2 205 pts
20 warriors, fcg, shields.

Longbeards 315pts
20 longbeards, fcg, shields.
R o Battle
R o Stoicism

Quarrellers 265pts (to set up in battleline (5x4) so crossbows can reach jezzails on a hill and large targets and fight in later rounds of combat)
20 Quarrellers, fcg, shields.

Grudge thrower 110pts
R o Accuracy
R o Burning

Bolt thrower #1 65pts
Engineer
R o Burning

Bolt thrower #2
Engineer

Organ gun

Flame cannon

Total 2000 pts

Thanks again

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hey Sigelus,
I like your list but it has a few problems.

1. You need a better thane
Personally I always use the following:
Thane 139 points
MRo Gromril
Ro Fury
MRo Kragg The Grim
This gives him 4 strength 6 attacks with a 1+ armour save

2. You need some tougher fighting troops because at the moment all your dwarfs can do is kill some clan rats and maybe some storm vermin.
Take some Ironbreakers because they're tough as nails and still strength four. Keep the Longbeards though.

3.You need to get a cannon with Ro forging. It will help you against the abomination, screaming bell and doom wheels.

4. You need some thunderers for some tougher and better armoured troops.

To summerise, I would suggest giving your list a major over haul to fix these problems so you can be better at doing what dwarfs do best.
Shoot your enemies to bits, forcing them to charge the dwarf battle line where you crush them with sheer toughness and resilience.

Reactions: Sigelus
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.