<1000 1500pt List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500pt List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt List

I'm trying to make a list to see where I want to go with my Dwarf list. My opponent will let me proxy. I'll probably face skaven, but most likely beastmen.

Master Engineer – 95
    RoResistance, RoStone, Pistol

20 Warriors – 205
    FC, Shields

20 Longbeards – 315
    FC, Shields, RoBattle, RoStoicism

10 Thunderers – 150
    Shields

10 Thunderers - 150
    Shields

20 Hammerers – 290
    FC, Shields

Bolt Thrower – 70
    RoPenetration

Grudge Thrower – 105
    RoAccuracy

Organ Gun – 120
    Entrenchment

Total: 1500

I'm trying to make a list to see where I want to go with my Dwarf list. My opponent will let me proxy. I'll probably face skaven, but most likely beastmen. How does a Master Engineer list run? He will be on the Bolt Thrower and the turn before they get the charge will make a run for the grudge thrower. It is almost a certainty he will come for my warmachines. Please let me know what you think of it. I hope it runs well because I have yet to win a game with my dwarfs I have pulled a draw against skaven which I'm quite proud of because he is a much better general than I.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by TheKid; June 9th, 2010 at 07:52.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

Where did my thumbs go?

O, they went up!

* thumbs up for this list *

It looks pretty good, a solid list. The only thing I will have to remark upon is the lack of ( potent ) characters, the master engineer could propably use a great weapon as well.

Your 3 combat units can bring the pain, but without a hero to babysit them a powerfull character can wreak havoc on your dwarfs, a beastmen gorebull for example.

The master engineer can be a real treat, but his skills are best used on a cannon or grudge thrower. A bolt thrower you can give a regular engineer with BS4, for only 15 pts.
    And to make some room for characters I suggest to drop a few things; the Master engineer, rune of stoicism and 1 unit of thunderers ( they are powerfull, but you will need the heroes more, and they aren't much use if beastmen show up and attack them in turn 2 or 3. )
    This will free up 270 pts, buying an engineer for the bolt thrower leaves 255.

With that you can buy a thane with shield, rune of stone and rune of cleaving/might ( 92/97 ) ,( the rune of might is awesome and can make short work of beastmen heroes, or skaven plague priests and doomwheels, but it has no effect on lower toughness ) and a thane with the battle standard ( a must if you have 3 large combat units ) , master rune of gromril, rune of cleaving and rune of resistance ( 160 )

You could consider scaling down one of the units, and drop 5 warriors, or 5 hammerers, so you have some points to buff up other things, like your heroes and the hammerers banner.
    Last edited by The bearded one; June 9th, 2010 at 18:55.

+ Reply to Thread