<1000 1000 pts friendly - new to dwarfs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts friendly - new to dwarfs

Greetings,

I just put together this list with my dwarves which I've never actually managed to play yet for a friend to try out 8th ed with, and was looking to get some feedback on how feasible this list is for a start:

Dwarf Thane 109
    Great Weapon
    Master Rune of Gromril
    Rune of Warding

20 Warriors with shields 205
    Full command

20 Longbeards with great weapons 335
    Full command
    Rune of Courage and Rune of Determination

10 Thunderers with shields 150

Bolt Thrower 65
    Rune of Burning
    Engineer

8 Miners 138
    Full command
    Steam drill

Any feedback you might have for this list would be greatly appreciated. Any additional models, however, aside from a gyrocopter which was given to me the other night, would need to be purchased for play. Not that I'm against this; I'd just prefer to know what's good to buy.

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO it doesn't look to bad to begin with, just a few suggestions for you in green.
    Quote Originally Posted by Janwin View Post
    Greetings,

I just put together this list with my dwarves which I've never actually managed to play yet for a friend to try out 8th ed with, and was looking to get some feedback on how feasible this list is for a start:

Dwarf Thane 109
    Great Weapon
    Master Rune of Gromril
    Rune of Warding
    Excellent, i use almost the same setup apart from the rune of warding as it will do next to nothing. In a 1000 points game your 4 DD should get you through fine.
    20 Warriors with shields 205
    Full command
    Solid.
    20 Longbeards with great weapons 335
    Full command
    Rune of Courage and Rune of Determination
    This is okay, but i find that longbeards work better with the HW+shield combo. Not only is it cheaper, but increases their survivability as well. S4 is quite good to begin with anyway. I would also drop the rune of determination. I know this may not seem like much, but if you are putting your thane in the longbeards, you could drop them down to 19 and still get the 3 ranks, freeing up another lot of points.
    10 Thunderers with shields 150
    solid.
    Bolt Thrower 65
    Rune of Burning
    Engineer
    Good, a favourite of mine
    8 Miners 138
    Full command
    Steam drill
    I enjoy using miners as well, and i find that they will work well without the full command. In my 1000 point list i use a unit of 10 with a prospector w/ steam drill.

Any feedback you might have for this list would be greatly appreciated. Any additional models, however, aside from a gyrocopter which was given to me the other night, would need to be purchased for play. Not that I'm against this; I'd just prefer to know what's good to buy.

Thank you!

If you like the suggestions i have made, with the points left over you could boost the miners up to 10, possibly boost the warriors up to 25, maybe another bolt thrower, or any number of diiferent things.

+ Reply to Thread