<1000 1000 points for starters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

24 (x1)

1000 points for starters

Hi all!, I've been considering starting again in WHFB with an army that, unlike my late O&G, won't crush my mind and eyes with horde-painting-nights. So, from one end to the other, Dwarfs would be great!

I wanted to start with th Batallion box and some blisters, so here's what I did:

Thane with great weapon, runic armor (stone and 2 iron), general.
    Runesmith with runic weapon (cleaving and striking), rune armor (rune of stone), shield, rune of spellbreak

20 dwarfs warriors w/ shields, mus., sb.
    16 thunderers w/shields, mus.
    12 rangers w/ throwing axes, mus.

Bolt thrower, engineer
    Cannon, rune of fortune

C&C welcome

Ork Latin Lover since 1980

2. Remove Advertisements

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Leeds, Yorkshire
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1372 (x8)

Your list is decent, however I have a few points to bring up.

Your thane is cheap, but the runes of Iron are rarely worth the points. If you want a ward, you are better off paying the extra points for a 4+ WS. I would go for the well known Thane of Pain combo; MRoSwiftness, RoCleaving, RoStone. This guy is pretty good, and helps kill a few before they get to attack, helping out with the CR.

The runesmith is decent, but the magic weapon isn't needed. I would give him another RoSpellbreaking or the MRoBalance.

The warriors are a great choice, however I would always suggest a veteran be taken. They add an extra attack.
    The thunderers are a nice choice, 16 could work for reforming and accepting a charge, I think you could save a few points by taking only 15.
    Rangers are not the unit I would choose. I would personally opt these out for a unit of longbeards. Armed with great weapons, longbeards are your hitty unit and help 'buff' your army with panic re-rolls.

The bolt thrower is good, nice solid choice. The cannon I personally would switch out the RoFortune with the RoBurning. All you really want is a magical attack, the re-roll is nice but really not needed.

+ Reply to Thread