<3000 2400pts Close combat Friendly/competitive. Please comment - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

2400pts Close combat Friendly/competitive. Please comment

After many years I've gathered my throng again for a small friendly (we do play to win, but hold back in cheapness) tournament with 3 other players. I will be facing: Night gobbo's, Deamons (Khorne/Tzeentz) and HE (Balanced list, no purple sun cheese).

Dwarf lord: 266pts
    Great Weapon, Shieldbearers (mr of steel, r of resistance, r of preservation)

Runelord: 315pts.
    Anvil of Doom

Thane: 175pts
    bsb(strollaz's rune, r of guarding)

hw & shield (r of stone) (mr of challenge)

39 warriors: 415pts
    Great weapons, full command

14 longbeard rangers: 285pts
    Great weapons, throwing axes, full command

18 Hammerers: 264pts
    shields, full command

24 ironbreakers: 318pts
    Full command

rune of forging

grudge thrower:130pts
    rune of accuracy, rune of penetration

2401pts total

I will be moving forwards trying to get into combat. The Lord obviously goes with the hammerers. one of my thanes goes in the warrior horde and the other in the ironbreaker unit (depending on the army i play against. If the enemy has expensive cavalry moving down my flank i'll want to mr of challenge them with my horde.). Anvil is there to provide extra mobility for the whole army and vs the sreamers the deamon player will be using. The longbeard rangers are i bit risky, but i want to try them that way. If they get charged they can stand and shoot. Possibly a failed charge, if that happens they'll walk within 3" of the enemy and shoot again. And if the enemy charges again they'll stand and shoot again. If the enemy doesn't bother i'll flank with them. Cannon of course for big baddies (already did wonders against khorne buttcrushers. Killed a whole unit in turn 1) and stone thrower against infantry and sometimes monsters.
    Please give me some feedback. I want to keep this army cc (with a few warmachines). Other than that, don't be afraid to be harsh.

Last edited by Boefje; September 20th, 2010 at 01:07.

+ Reply to Thread