<3000 3000 points VS Greenskins - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Svendborg, Denmark
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

28 (x1)

3000 points VS Greenskins

Hey all

Having played a fairly decent amount of games in 8th, there are a few things I want to try.
    But first, the list:

Lords and Heroes

Dwarf Lord
    /w Great Weapon, Shield Bearers, Master Rune of Steel, Rune of Resistance, Master Rune of Spite

Thane Battle Standard Bearer
    /w Master Rune of Gromril, Rune of Resistance, Rune of Preservation

/w Great Weapon and 3*Rune of Spellbreaking

35 Warriors /w Full Command

35 Longbeards /w Great Weapon, Full Command and Master Rune of Slowness.

2*12 Thunderers /w Shields and Musicians

25 Hammerers /w Full Command and Master Rune of Grungni
    15 Miners /w Prospector and Steam Drill

Grudge Thrower /w Engineer, Rune of Accuracy and Rune of Penetrating

2 Cannons /w Rune of Forging (one of them has Rune of Fire as well)

Organ Gun

A Grand Total of = 3000

I want to try and focus on minimum Character selection and use the points to increase my other units.
    Im thinking I want to try and make the Longbeards and Warriors, space permitted, go 7 wide and 4 deep, instead of my standard 5 wide and a lot deep. Just to see if the extra attacks is going to do anything.
    Im worrying a lot about Killing Blow, but I only think the Greenskins have one item which confers that, thus only giving it to my BSB.
    The Runesmith is a bit of a try-out as well. Normally going with Master Rune of Balance and a single Rune of Spellbreaking, I want to see if it pays, to have several ''dispel scrolls'' instead.
    The guy im facing is usually taking a handfull of Warmachines as well, thus the Miners. Not the biggest fan of them, but they might revive themselfs.

I've kept the Warriors with just hand weapon and shield, because of the following. Every army have some kinda low strength units. So if these units, get into contact with my Great Weapon guys, I feel like im wasting them. They should be facing those that hit hard, and where they will die anyway. I would so much rather go with a 3+ save, but since 8th changed that, I want them to kill something, even though they take heavy casualties.
    So my new theory of victory is, a lot of guys with great weapons.

If I dont get the option of a hill, and if there arent any rocks or buildings to lean on, I'll castle up in a corner, with my Warmachines in between the CC units, while having the Thunderers line up, outside the castle along the line. If the enemy goes after those guys, im fine with that. The Thunderers and the Miners will merely be there to distract.
    The Hammerers will have house the Lord, dead center of the army.

But as they say, the best plan is usually destroyed when you arrive, so im looking forward to see how it goes.

Leave your comment on the army or some of the other nonsense I've been trying to share. What would you do? What would you change? Have you tried something Similar?

Best Regards

Last edited by King Alriks Bodyguard; October 7th, 2010 at 12:12.

+ Reply to Thread