<2000 2k All out ambush army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

2k All out ambush army

This weekend I'll be attending a match, where I'll try something a bit different. The only unit I'll have on the table in turn one, is the scouting Longbeard Rangers. This way, im forcing my opponent to deploy his entire army, before I put anything on the table.

Lords/Heroes

->General<- Thane
    • GW
    • MroSpite
    • Rune of Brotherhood
    • Rune of Stone
    ->BSB<- Thane
    • MroGromril
    • Rune of Resistance
    • Rune of Brotherhood
    RuneSmith
    • Shield
    • 2x Rune of Spellbreaking
    • Rune of Brotherhood
    • Rune of Stone
    = 446

Core

33 Longbeard Rangers
    • Throwing Axes
    • Full Command
    • Rune of Determination
    = 573

Special

40 Miners x 2
    • Full Command
    • Steam Drill
    = 980

Grand total of 1999

The only thing im wondering about, is wether to leave my general thane as he is, or drop him completely, in order to get more Longbeard Rangers, in which case, I'll be able to buy eight more Longbeard Rangers and a single Miner.
    Its either gonna go very well, and take him by surprise, or its going to be a very quick battle
    Either way, it will be a laugh!

Last edited by King Alriks Bodyguard; February 3rd, 2011 at 11:41.

2. LikeMumm-Ra liked this post.
  3. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Master Rune of Challenge would be fun to bait out fast units first turn, or at least one of them. And I'd drop the general like you were thinking. But I'm new and I think you know what's up. Just saying a horde of 41 Rangers is scarier than a horde of 33. But it looks like on turn two, your opponent will have a MINER setback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I think I'll be dropping the general. It fits well with my present army composition ideas, to have as few characters as possible and more bodies to fill the ranks.
    The MroChallenge is a neat idea indeed, and I might end up using it, I've just always been rather fond of having a few dispel scrolls. Besides, I'd really like to be in the flank of a unit, when I deploy the Rangers, thus not really utilising the MroChallenge, since they need to see me as well. I would have to place the Runesmith on the far left or right of the unit, in order for this to work....that might not be a bad idea though.

Thx for the comment.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    320 (x8)

Thats a pretty unique list i'd say. From the title i was expecting an anvil, but this seems even better. Would love to see it in action
    Eternal Newbie

Warchief Diggah o da Bloodmoon Squiggahs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the no anvil at 2k points. I mean, your whole army is right in his face, and then miners come up from behind or beside. Can't guard all his flanks. Genius. And I just found out that half your army could be special yesterday when reading the rule book. I can't believe everyone around here has been saying every section is 25%... I'm pretty stoked. Tell us how a game goes with this list! Thank you friend!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

To be honest, I dont really care if I win or lose. My main objective is to get a picture of my opponents face, when we make the roll off, to see who places a unit first, he picks me and ehmm....I look around.....shortly looking at the table...grapping my army book...and then replying: Im done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

First game done. It was against Beastmen, and it was one of those quick battles. It went really well in the beginning. I managed to destroy a unit of Gors with his BSB, but after that the game more or less crashed....Mainly because I got a big fat bowling sun right in the face, destroying my Rangers, Runesmith and BSB. So that was pretty much the game...

But I'll give it a go once or twice more, since I didnt think the list got played to its fullest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... how was his face when you deployed? And he cast with irresistible force? Rough... if you don't mind the special characters, could always go bugman and maybe go a unit of longbeard rangers for him and a unit of dwarf warrior rangers for elsewhere. But it is always respectable to go without special characters. And good luck with the next game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Yeah, and he got that pathetic strength six hit for every wizard he had. Wuptidu.

Hehe, his expression really saved my day. He was unpacking his gors, and when I told him, it was like his world just stopped for a second. He turned his head, with a half open mouth and tried to say the word, what?? After the game, he said it was the most inuvative dwarf army he had seen.

Not really a huge fan of speciel characters. Most are pretty awesome, but I just think they are a tad too much.

There are still a good handfull fantasy players in the club, who dont know about this army yet, so I still have a few tries

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you should bring a camera and snap shot thier faces as soon as you see the shock set in and post it. That'd be a goldmine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast