<2000 Dwarfs for KO Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    120 (x3)

Dwarfs for KO Tourney

Hmmm... Im not 100% on this list as an all rounder. Any advice?

Lords - 218pts 10.9%

• Runelord (218) - MRo Balance, Shield, Ro Spellbreaking

Heroes - 115pts 5.75%

• BSB (115) - MRo Gromril

Core - 865pts 43.25%

• 39 Warriors (415) - FC, Great Weapons
    • 10 Thunderers (150) - Shields
    • 10 Thunderers (150) - Shields
    • 10 Rangers (150) - Shields, Crossbows, Great Weapons

Special - 682pts 34.1%

• 29 Hammerers (407) - Shields, FC
    • Cannon (140) - Ro Forging, Ro Reloading, Ro Burning
    • Cannon (135) - Ro Forging, Ro Reloading

Rare - 120pts
    6%

• Organ Gun (120)

Total = 2000pts

All advice is appreciated :) Fankooo!

Last edited by Muse2k8; March 3rd, 2011 at 02:04. Reason: Points were wrong...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x3)

Anybody? Lol

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x3)

Must be amazing for my first ever Dwarf list then...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

107 (x4)

Ive not got round to using my dwarfs in 8th yet but have started building them up again since my other armies just dont do it for me.

I see what you mean about the list maybe not being 100%. To me it just looks like you have made some choices where i would have done things alot differently, (but as i've said i have yet to set out with my dwarfs yet).

The first thing is using the runelord as general. sure your getting an extra 2 dice to your dispel pool (3 in your case) but would you not be better off with a runesmtih with the same runes? would only cost 147pts keeping a shield. Would open up the lord choices for you. That or maybe consider an anvil with your runelord to get the most out of him. i like ords myself but against mass infantry they are realy only good for character on character combat now id guess.

Your bsb seems a bit naked. if your not taking runes on the banner i would look at maybe a weapon rune so he has a little punch, even Ro cleaving for +1 strength can make a big difference, or get him a ward if you want an uber deffense.

I would get rid of your rangers all together. the unit just doesnt seem big enough to be a real threat and you havent anything to get in support of it soon enough before it is chased off anywhere. its a minor anoyance. with so few points to play with take miners for this role as you can get a few more for your points and bring them on from behind your opponent.

39 warriors seems alot to me, even as horde. id be reluctant to run more than 30 in a unit except for games approaching 3000pts.

i would look at swapping out a cannon for a grudge thrower / gyrocopter / flame cannon. at the moment you have no templates to deal with hordes. a template is going to save alot of grunt work for your troops when you can potentialy wipe out half a unit before they get to your troops. I myself am considering 2 stone throwers (even if armour saves can now be taken...i hate that), but maybe a gyro and stone thrower if gyros are still ok.

Hope this helps a little.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x3)

Dwarf lords are a waste of points in low pointed games and to take a runesmith alone would really put me at a disadvantage against magic heavy armies.

My bsb pretty much needs to stay alive and alive only so although I'm looking at how I can steal some points somewhere to give him a rerollable save or to give my hammerers grungni.

The small rangers unit is designed to tie something up for a turn or two only and nothing more, although if I had the points I would add a few more men but really nothing more.

I'm going to take reloading off of the cannons but those points will go towards one of the above.

Dwarf warriors are probably best 30 - 40 strong but 39 is a better usage of my points. Dwarf warriors with great weapons in a horde cause pain in 8th try them

Gyrocopter in 8th is a waste of points, GT is a viable choice but I always have more luck with cannons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree about the rangers - too small by far. I run a lord in a slightly reduced unit of hammers - 24 of em. With a few decent runes to pack a punch. Think about what you want your army strengths to be a focus there. If you want combat then remove the thunderers units and a cannon and stick some ironbreakers in (if you've got the minis). I would always consider taking an organ gun instead of the second cannon - for the same reason as using templates. They are still the only weapon that doesn't need to roll to hit - doubly helpful when playing watch tower!

Also the second cannon is a duplicate of the first with same runes etc... I don't think you can do that!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x3)

The two cannons are different lol... Played this army a few times now and I love it the rangers tied up a unit of chaos knights long enough for me to position and kill them off before picking my way through his units. Not lost a single thunderer yet and they have decimated units on the table

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool beans!!! Maybe I'll try your list too!!! Didn't see the r of burning on the next line!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x3)

Lol I thought not :p having said all that I am thinking of dropping the rangers and tweaking to get a re rollable or a ward save on my bsb. He's pretty much there for the rerolls cannons are damn reliable at that setup too.

I made the list from an amalgamation of tournament advice on bugmans, here etc.

Give it a shot and feedback, would be interesting to see if it works outside of Edinburgh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

120 (x3)

My usual tactic with rangers btw was to protect a warmachine that was out of the way, tie up a fast flanker or similar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast