<2000 2k dwarves, maybe a new years project :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k dwarves, maybe a new years project :)

going to keep the post simple, just help me improve this...

Dwarf lord – 221
    -Master rune of Gromril
    -Master Rune of Spite
    -Great Weapon

Runelord – 196
    -Master Rune of Balance
    -Great Weapon

Thane – 169
    -BSB
    -Great Weapon
    -Rune of Fury
    -Rune of Resistance
    -Rune of Battle

27 Dwarf Warrior – 295
    -Full Command
    -Great Weapons

30 Dwarf Warriors – 325
    -Full Command
    -Great Weapons

10 Thunderers – 140

10 Thunderers – 140

10 Thunderers - 140

Cannon – 125
    -Rune of Forging

Cannon – 115
    -Rune of Fortune

Organ Gun - 130
    -Rune of Reloading

Total Points: 1996

A bit gunline but its different to what i have now

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Looks ok except for your thane. I cant remember but i dont think you can have runic banner and runic items, so Ro battle is out on the Standard. Then if you want to keep your GW as a GW (so +2s, 2 handed and strikes last) you need to take MRo Kragg the Grim. Its daft but seeme fair when it was written and dwarfs were all powerful.

Unless you want an all black powder list i recomend turning at least 1 if not 2 of those thunderers into Quarrerlers. Longer Range can help alot, getting hits on turn 1 can make alot of difference, even if you loose the +1 to hit and -1 to armour. You do have the option to give them GWs though and that can be handy in a pinch to send a unit of these guys into an enemy flank.

I might try to squeeze in a runed up Grudge Thrower. I would look at getting the points from dropping a unit of thunderers or the organ gun. Both are good but its alot of short range stuff (24"). Yes you have 2 cannons which are good for monster killing and character targets (i recomend Ro Burning on one to get rid of regen each turn), But you could do with a nice big template for those horde armies.

2000pts, i would drop a lord choice. i couldnt see where your points had gone before i noticed that. at 2000pts with dwarfs one lord is enough, no matter how cheaply you take them. i might look at 2250+ for 2 cheap lords, but not before. I would keep the Rune Lord, give him a good ward, immune to KB and poison, maybe even rerollable 1+ armour save if your scared of loosing him. maybe take a cheap combat thane, or a Rune Smith caddy. But the main thing i would do with the extra points is either upgrade one of the dwarf units o long beards, or better yet swap them out for hammerers. Hammerers are solid, and that extra WS and S will win so many combats for you, not to mention you can put up to 50pts of runes on there banner, meaning you can take a naked BSB and rune him up for combat.

Anyway its a fair bit to think about but i hope it helps.

-Saltrock-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    62 (x1)

Also just to note, you can't put runes on an organ gun.
    Only cannons, grudge throwers and bolt throwers get engineering runes.
    May the Dragon of Unhappiness never fly up your bottom.

+ Reply to Thread