<2000 New Dwarf 1500 pts Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New Dwarf 1500 pts Army List

I've decided to start a fantasy army, and I thought Dwarf's were pretty awesome, so heres a 1500 pts army list I put together. Would like any suggestions or improvements that you have.

Runelord - 268
    Shield
    Weapon - Master Rune of Flight
    Rune of Speed
    Rune of Fire
    Armour - Master Rune of Gromril
    Rune of Shielding
    Rune of Resistance

16 x Dwarf Warriors - 185
    Great Weapons
    Musician
    Standard
    Veteran

16 x Dwarf Warriors - 185
    Great Weapons
    Musician
    Standard
    Veteran

16 x Dwarf Warriors - 169
    Shields
    Musician
    Standard
    Veteran

16 x Thunderers - 275
    Musician
    Standard
    Standard - Ancestor Rune
    Veteran
    Shields

Cannon - 140
    Rune of Reloading
    Rune of Forging
    Rune of Burning

Grudge Thrower - 120
    Rune of Reloading
    Rune of Accuracy
    Rune of Burning

Grudge Thrower - 140
    Rune of Reloading
    Rune of Accuracy
    Rune of Fortune

points - 1482

So what do you think?

Last edited by C4-Ninja; April 22nd, 2012 at 20:52.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Rune Lord:
    Drop the MRo Flight and Ro Speed off your weapon. I would only keep Ro Fire so it counts as magical weapon, and so you can get rid of regen on things.
    Drop Ro Shielding, you should be in a unit anyway. Armour wise go with; Gromril + shield + Ro Stone for a 2+save, then give him Ro Presivation and if you want to be a real pain, Ro Resistance.
    If you want a ward take MRo Spite.
    Personaly i wouldnt go with a Rune Lord at 1500pts, i would go with a BSB, Rune Smith, and maybe a cheap lord or another thane.

I would rather have 2 units of 20-25 Warriors with GWs 16 will get eaten up by attacks and missiles before they can become effective. Similar story with the Shield Warriors which i would be tempted to leave at home all together. You would be better off finding some points for a unit of Hammerers, so you have 3 units with GWs. 2x Warriors, 1s Hammerers. If you want a unit with shields then i sugest upgrading them to longbeards.

Thunderers: Drop the Standard and certainly the unit champion. They also cannot have runes on thier banners so Ancestor Rune is out anyway. I would also look at maybe 2 units of 10 if you can scrape some points up. Never bother with shields. your better off buying extra guns.

Rune of Accuracy only works on Grudge Throwers so drop it off the second cannon.

On the grudge thrower take: Ro Accuracy + 2x Ro Penetrating. Buy an Engineer upgrade if you want to reroll the missfire chart.If you dont have the points drop a Ro Penetration. Its cheaper than Ro Fortune which you can only use once.

An excellent thing to take in 1500pts is an organ gun. take a look.

+ Reply to Thread