[1500] Dwarfs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [1500] Dwarfs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

1500 Dwarfs of kazzad grom (new list)

Thane 72 points
    GW gromril armour rune of stone

Runesmith 137 points
    GW gromrilarmour rune of stone 2X rune of spell breaking

Dwarf warriors X20
    HA shields
    Full command
    205 points

Dwarf warriors X17
    GW
    fullcommand
    178 points

Xbows X10
    shields
    130 points
    Musician

Thunderers X10
    Shields
    150 points
    Musician

Special
    Iron breakers X15
    Full command
    225 points

cannon 135
    rune of forging

stone thrower 130
    rune of accuracy rune of penetrating

flame cannon 140 points

total models in army: 83

despell:5 +one scroll

total points: 1492

comments would be welcomed on improving the list

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that list is looking very good i have to say. who are you likely to be battaling?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

well this list will be playing at the L-O meet soon and im taking part in a team game involving hard aun,morden,knape,nebulas,king ulrik and myself so the foes will be ogre kingdoms BoC and HoC

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I would drop 2 heavy arnoured warriors for another iron breaker, 16 is a minimum when fielding these guys, they need CC resolution most.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well , you could drop 1 rune of spell breaking for either 5 more iron breakers or 3 for warriors are a few iron brakers
    fantasy

vampire counts ( under construction)

am thinking about starting it again

currently working on :

second unit of skellys

most likely thing next :

another box of skellys .....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good list

this is a good alround list. ive played with dwarfs for three years now (i can hear the grumbles of youngbloods already) and i have found that i prefere to play with miners (2 units of 10) rather that ironbreakers. this is because table quaters are my friends. and i hate cannons, they ALWAYS blow up on turn one or two. only grumbling i have to do,
    merry knollengrom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like this list, but i hate cannons, so with me id get shot of ya cannon and make as many of ya units 20 models strong. also give your thane a grudgestone and put him with your iron breakers. they will not budge from combat against anything. ever. trust me.
    my 5500 point dwarf army says so.
    also take miners sometimes. they are cool as hell and with a steamdrill can rip through anything
    move aside manling this is dwarf work......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Look out sir! Aaaargh!

Hi,

I'm not sure if everyone is up on this one. When you are building a small force you can use the points that powerful generals consume. Dwarfs have a high leadership characteristic and so don't depend on leaders the way Skaven, Ogres and Orcs and Goblins do. Why no consider allowing your Runesmith to lead the troops to battle? This means you can still gain the runesmiths essential anti-wild magic powers and save 70 points in the bargain! I would recommend that approach in any army upto 2000points strong. Be wary of spending too many points on characters who have only a few wounds between them and your carry case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarahemna
    Hi,

I'm not sure if everyone is up on this one. When you are building a small force you can use the points that powerful generals consume. Dwarfs have a high leadership characteristic and so don't depend on leaders the way Skaven, Ogres and Orcs and Goblins do. Why no consider allowing your Runesmith to lead the troops to battle? This means you can still gain the runesmiths essential anti-wild magic powers and save 70 points in the bargain! I would recommend that approach in any army upto 2000points strong. Be wary of spending too many points on characters who have only a few wounds between them and your carry case.
    With the new set of rules, dwarf general benefit from the presence of a dwarf lord.

Also, perhaps a Runelord would be an interesting sight at 2000, but a runesmith will get decapitated by other caracters. A dwarf lord is as hard as they get, and will lock lord level caracters in challenges until they fall to is great weapon. A runesmith on the other hand wouldn''t last more than2 rounds of combat at most.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

By my beard! It's an Elf!

Hi,

You can't take a Lord Character in armies of upto 2000 points. So there is no way you can benefit from the Royal Blood rule. Thanes do not have it. As for survivability, Runesmiths can carry the same value of Runes as their hero equivalent and they have the same number of wounds and armour save (4+ before you buy them a shield). The difference is that a Runesmith has -1 WS, T and A compared to a Thane. But he gives you an extra dispel dice. Since you are saving at least 65 points you can afford to slap some powerful runes on your Runesmith to keep him going. Many player's Generals come out to just under 170 points so you can save almost enough for another regiment of Warriors here...

The hero with the highest leadership value is the general of your force, and so confers the panic test advantages, this is not restricted to Thanes...Think about letting your runesmith lead the troops a time or to and see how it goes. Think beard!

Zarahemna

+ Reply to Thread