the clears of the under way! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

600 pts dwarves: the clears of the under way!

this is currently a 600pts force, but in the near future i am hoping to bring this up to 2,000, which may or may not include a rhinox rider! :cool:

heroes:
    thane
    rune of fire
    master rune of gromil
    grudge rune

dragon slayer
    rune of cleaving
    rune of striking
    rune of speed
    i needed a hard hitting character, i tried anothet thane packed with weapon runes, but he got killed by skinks, so it had to be my dragon slayer, he's worked really well at protecting my fire base!

core:
    15 warriors
    heavy armour
    shields
    full command

15 crossbowmen
    standerd bearer
    veterian
    my warriors need some back up, yet these cross bow men proved to be the answer, because they have quite a long range i could shoot at the enemy close combat units before their archers could even draw a bead on my men! also they where good for flushing out the saurus from hiding, i usually deploy them in 2 ranks on a hill, when a hill is not avalible, i deploy them in a straight line, this has never failed me!

special:
    bolt thrower.
    goes with out saying, hello big nasty character, ooh, 4 in the unit, bam! 3 in the unit...

Last edited by thurgor; September 3rd, 2005 at 18:41. Reason: to put some stuff in.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)copy bunny and this msg onto ur sig i will then own ur souls.
    all lotr players check my forum: my lotr forum click here!if your a forces of disorderplayer looking for a forces of disorder forum go hereIf your a forces of order player go here
    khorne
    20 18 5
    dwarfs
    5 6 1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you have way too many points spent on heroes that dragonslayer cant be in a unit and is just cannon fodder... very very expensive cannon fodder. anyways i think that you could do well getting another unit. maybe you could get an elite unit, since you already have warriors, shooters, and a war machine. my suggestion would be either to get ironbreakers or longbeards, since slayers and hammerers arent good at this few points.

as for expanding to 2000 points... i wouldnt suggest the rhinox rider because they are a huge points investment, and would be way ahead of the rest of your army since they have lots of movement and they would just get killed by your opponents army since you couldnt protect them very well. also you would definatly need another BT if you plan to keep the one uve got since they only work well in pairs in higher pointage. i think that other than that it is pretty much your choice as to how to expand. totaly based on style, ya kno
    good luck and happy gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in my plans 4 a 2000 point force there are some slayers to accompany my dragon slayer, oh and a rhinox rider to take down annoying high elf artillery. he he he.
    (\_/)
    (0.0)
    (><)copy bunny and this msg onto ur sig i will then own ur souls.
    all lotr players check my forum: my lotr forum click here!if your a forces of disorderplayer looking for a forces of disorder forum go hereIf your a forces of order player go here
    khorne
    20 18 5
    dwarfs
    5 6 1

+ Reply to Thread