1000 dwarfs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1000 dwarfs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 dwarfs

ok i already have 500 points of dwarfs that i use for warbands, and i want to expand to 1000 points. so here it goes:

1000 dwarfs

Heroes

thane 69 points
    - great weapon
    - rune of stone Edit: got rid of shield for this. thx arclite!
    - gromril armour

thane 105 points
    - Battle Standard Bearer
    - hand weapon
    - master rune of gromril

Core

19 warriors 186 points
    - hand weapon
    - shield
    - heavy armour
    - standard bearer
    - mucision
    - BSB joins this unit

12 thunderers 173 points
    - dwarfen handguns
    - mucision

special

15 longbeards 228 points
    - great weapon
    - standard bearer
    - mucision
    - General joins here

10 slayers 125 points
    - giant slayer

1 stone thrower 110 points
    - rune of accuracy

total: 996 points

the point is to try to win with good dwarfen combat units while coaxing them foreward with my stone thrower and thunderers.
    the longbeards and warriors take the centre, and the slayers take the warriors' flank, the thunderers take the longbeards' flank
    plz critique list and setup strategy thx

Edit: btw my main opponents will be shooty dark elves and magicy vampire counts; secondary ones being skaven (not very far, but hes working on it), chaos (ditto the skaven), and balenced orcs and goblins

Last edited by Salamander6; September 6th, 2005 at 01:32.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

just a few points:

im not a fan of your first thane. though he is nice and cheep i feel you might be better off for swaping the sheild for a rune of stone as you cant use the GW and shield at the same time.

id hold off on getting long beards right now as with the new update coming and with them maybe becomeing core this list may be thrown out the window (no offence ment) id gofor ironbreakers for now as the down right survivabilty of these guys is insane and well worth it.

arklite

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm ok but then for a hard hitting unit do you think i should give my warriors great weapons? because i think that two units with hand weapons just might not be able to get through the armour of some armies like chaos.

also i tried out the part of this army that i have (750 points) and it won by alot . I played a dark elf army that was mostly based on repeater bolt thingies, and it had a hydra. my thunderers shot the hydra's handelers and it went berserk and killed two of the three units of his archers . anyways then i made quick work of the other unit and won the battle by a margin of about 600 points
    Last edited by Salamander6; September 6th, 2005 at 01:01.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Yeah I think that Arklite is right about thoose things. I would go for a 20 size ironbreaker unit instead of longbeards. About that thane too...ehmm I would just give him HW, gromril armour, shield, Rune of cleaving, Rune of fury and rune of stone...this is a great combo giving gim both a very good armour save and very good when hitting. (could also go with 2 rune of cleaving instead of rune of fury and rune of stone)
    and about thoose slayers...I would rather have a unit of warriors with HA, HW and shield...with armour saves on +3 they are very good!
    And if you ask me, you should rather take a cannon instead of a stone thrower. The cannon is more accurate and in a only 1000 points the stone thrower will be a bit disappointing...!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

whoa thats changing more than half my army, and so no offence, but could some other people confirm the things other than the ironbreakers? the ironbreaker models are just so much uglier than the longbeards.... ah well...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

hehe sorry...was a bit to much I think

But okay the only thing I would say is about that thane and no more
    I just think that it makes the Thane stronger if you leave the great weapon and then upgrade him with runes...

okay thats all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah but the great weapon costs way less than the runes, what would i take out for it? cuz i think that the list is already a bit character heavy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Then just take the other Thane out...the reason I dont think its good with a great weapon is, then you cant have neither shield nor handweapon in CC! if you have a great weapon then you can have gromril armour and rune of stone( cant remember if you also can have master rune of gromril) which only will provide you with an armour save on +3!
    But on the other hand, if you have only ONE Thane then you could have HW, GA and shield plus rune of stone which will give him an armour save on +1!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But isnt one of the most important things for dwarfs combat res? because we have the best infintry in the game point for point, except for being slow. Consequently, we should use it to our best advantage. There are many ways to do this: shoot them with war machines to get them close, use gyrocopters and rangers to coax them it... etc. Anyways, my list is the former tactic. i try to use my stone thrower to coax them into close combat and then grind them down with big units that will eventually win on combat resolution, hence my BSB thane. he is to make the process faster, and he allows me to defeat cc units quickly, maybe not run them down, but at least get them away a little bit. Then i can shoot them with thunderers, persue them, shoot them with the ST, there are many options. To sum it up, i dont really need a hard hitting character. The point of my army is to use the longbeards for hardhittingness since they have good strengh, weaponskill, etc. The point of the first thane is to lend his leadership and count as the army general. The point of the second one is to aid indirectly by adding to the CR. Anyways, im finished with my rant. I dont mean to put you down, i am very grateful to you for posting on my army so much, writing this was as much for the purpose of collecting my thoughts as it was for conveying them to you. thx again for commenting so much, KAB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Yeah your right...each dwarf player have there own tactic on how they kill there enemys! Just glad I could help you expand your knowlegde on how you can arrange your dwarfs.

I wish you good luck with your dwarfs and future fights, and of course more good battle reports

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast