1000pt Dwarf vs DE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

2 (x1)

1000pt Dwarf vs DE

Hi, this is a list im posting for a friend who wants to start playing wh. Please share your thoughts on how it would play against a DE army (also WE, VC, EMP & OG but not as much).

1 Thane @ 87 Pts
    General; Great Weapon; Gromril Armour
    Rune of Iron
    Rune of Stone

18 Warriors @ 196 Pts
    Heavy Armour; Shield; Standard; Musician
    1 Veteran

10 Thunderers @ 145 Pts
    Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour; Musician

10 Thunderers @ 145 Pts
    Dwarf Handgun; Light Armour; Musician

15 Troll Slayers @ 209 Pts
    2ndWeapon; Standard; Musician
    1 Giant Slayer

1 Stone Thrower @ 85 Pts

1 Dwarf Cannon @ 125 Pts
    Rune of Fortune

I think the plan is lots of shooting then fight whats left...

He'd appreciate any feedback. Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements

Svendborg, Denmark
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

28 (x1)

Even though he might like a lot of shooting, then that army wouldnt last long with so few close combat units. In a 1000 points army, 1 unit of thunders and 1 warmachine is perhaps enough (though more if you like the bolt thrower).
    Also I dont see why you have 18 warriors in one unit. Personal I would upgrade it to 20.

About the armies you told that he was going to fight, its apperantly gonna be against strong magic but also low toughness armies. Perhaps a runesmith could be good here togehter with the Thane (but it can also be a waste, so maybe the thane is enough).
    They have cavalry which means they will stand in front of you pretty early in the game and if you only have 1 or 2 CC units, your gonna be wiped out.

You can keep your artillery and still have CC units. Perhaps you should get rid of the ST and one of the thunder units and add a warrior unit more.

Hope this helpes

1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

451 (x8)

ok as alrik has said you’ve gone a weeee bit over board with the shooting here and it would be worth dropping some of it down.

dwarves in comparison to elves have much tougher close combat troops and its worth investing in that fact. a unit of 20 warriors with full command is recommended and the dropping of one of those thunderer units to free up points.

just a note about your cannon the rune of fortune is good but no where near as effective as the rune of forging (don’t need to roll on the misfire chart if you can re-roll the art dice if you roll a misfire on the initial firing or the bounce)

a second warrior units would be a very good idea or possibly some of the new long beards for some grumbling core goodness

--- arklite

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

+ Reply to Thread