2000pts... friendly against HE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts... friendly against HE

dwarf lord- great weapon, MRoSpite, RoResistnace. Oath Stone 251pts

thane- great weapon, MRoGromril 94pts
    runesmith-great weapon, MRoBalance, RoStone 129pts

20Warriors- hand weapons, shields, full command 205pts
    16Warriors- great weapons, shileds, full command 201pts
    16Longbeards- hand weapons, shileds, full command, RoSanctuary 232pts
    15Rangers- shileds, great weapons, full command 205
    10Thunderers- shileds 150pts

cannon- engineer 105pts
    BoltThrower- engineer 60pts
    GrudgeThrower- RoAccuracy 105pts
    16IronBreakers- full command, RoBattle 263pts

This army is designed to fight my mates HE. in previous fights i have used a simialr army, however, the fight appears to be going my way but only ends in a draw. in previous fights i had a gyrocopter but have had some bad luck with it so thought i would use the rangers instead. I'm pretty confident that this can beat him now but any advice would be great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

As I can see there are only two small things I can see + I have a question.
    Try equip your dwarf lord with Master rune of swiftness. He has a great weapon, so it wouldnt be bad to give him the always strike first ability.
    I would recommend you upgrade your IBs to 20 strong. Makes them a bit tougher. (perhaps you could also add rune of courage to them, so they wont get scared that easily).
    As for the question: What do you intend to do with the rangers?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

As I can see there are only two small things I can see + I have a question.
    Try equip your dwarf lord with Master rune of swiftness. He has a great weapon, so it wouldnt be bad to give him the always strike first ability.
    remember alrik if a great weapon is given a rune it reverts to being a hand weapon before letting you recive bonus's. the way around this would be the 20 point master rune of krag the grimm which lets you put runes on a great weapon while keeping its +2S , two handed weapon and allways strikes last rules. :sleep:

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Yeah thats correct. Sorry it slipped trough. But anyways, I have experienzed that a great weapon isent that good. I would take a hand weapon and put a rune of cleaving on it instead and still have the master rune of swiftness....Or do as arklite pointed out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... the dwarf lord like that isnever going to get hurt basically. T5 and can re-roll his 4+ save if need be. great weapon means he will plow through his enemy.

the rangers would be deployed as scouts and used to get in the way of his troops to slow down one side. this means that a flank is unlikely whilst i remove on side of his force.

had considered making the ironbreakers 20 strong but i think that 16 is enough for the HE seeing as they are not very strong. even when they charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Yeah about the dwarf lord, the armour is what worries me. A +4 i actually not that great and especially not with a lord. You only need an enemy with str 4 and the armour save is changed to +5 and even with a re-role thats not going to last...especially when you also strikes last.
    My experienze with rangers is that they actually is best on the basic dwarf combat line. If you leave them out in the open they will be blown away faster than you can say '' bloody elv''. If you are extremly lucky, you can perhaps delay one unit for 1 round (ofcourse depends on what kinda unit you are planning to delay). Rangers are, IMO, a waste of money unless they should fill out a hole in your army or something.
    Ofcourse its your own decision about the IBs but they are a special choise, and their special ability is to stay alive, even against the toughest of units. The bigger the unit the bigger is the chance they will stay and fight. With a 20 or 25 strong IB unit they should be able to stand against charges from almost every side.

But ofcourse you decide for yourself :yes:
    Last edited by King Alriks Bodyguard; January 9th, 2006 at 15:39.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well... my lords 4+ will never change seeing as it is a ward save. and with a re-roll that is pretty good. gives me a 1/4 of failing it and not many people are going to wound him with T5 unless hey have a decent special weapon. i've tested the lord... he is sound for sure. plus... he has to have a great weapon. he's a dwarf lord.

however, i am not certain about the rangers. originally they were going to hide in cover and then pop out and irratate a flank but i'm thinking i might just want to spend the rest on the IB because... well... they kick serious elven hind every time. very proud of my unit. especially with a lord that does immense damage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

just a rules note

a rune of resistance lets you re-roll failed armour saves, not ward saves.

so sadly in essence you are wasting points on the rune of resistance :/

might be worth getting your thane a shield and rune of stone rather than the mro spite as this will get you a 2+ re-rollable save in combo with the rune of resistance. (not to mention bringing down the cost)
    a sound idea would be to equip a lord with the mro krag the grim, a rune of cleaving, a rune of fury and a rune of stone. this will et you an evil attack output for 5 S7 attacks which would often tip a combat in your favour.

----arklite

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

+ Reply to Thread