My Army List: Dwarfs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Army List: Dwarfs

Hi all !

Here there is my army list. Any comment welcome, except the usual silly one: "drop the Master Rune of Kingship and take Hammerers".

The Dwarfs Army of Karak Hirn

Dwarf Lord
    Great weapon, gromril armour
    Master Rune of Gromril, Master Rune of Kingship

Battle Standard Bearer
    Hand weapon, gromril armour
    Rune of Cleaving, Master Rune of Spite

Runesmith
    Hand weapon, gromril armour & shield
    Rune of Stone, Rune of Warding
    Runes of Spellbreaking ( 2 )

18 Longbeards
    Great weapon, heavy armour & shield
    Full Command
    Rune of Battle, Rune of Sanctuary

19 Dwarf Warriors
    Great weapon, heavy armour & shield
    Full Command

20 Iron Breakers
    Hand weapon, gromril armour & shield
    Full Command
    Rune of Courage, Rune of Determination

10 Quarrellers
    Crossbow, light armour & shield

10 Quarrellers
    Crossbow, light armour & shield

Cannon
    Engineer:brace of pistols
    Rune of Forging, Rune of Burning

Cannon
    Engineer:brace of pistols
    Rune of Forging

Total: 1999 pts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that you have too many runes on your units (Ironbreakers, Longbeards).

Use some more warrior units in stead of the elites.

Also drop the Quarrellers in place of some Thunderers: these guys are much better for increased hitting power and accuracy.

They are just my quick thoughts.

Cairocopter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

There's nothing wrong with crossbows

Especially if you bought more. Any idea who you will be fighting against?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zarahemna
    Nothing wrong with quarrellers. Especially if you bought more. Any idea who you will be fighting against?
    I recently brought up a thread - thunderers or quarrellers, and thunderers won the fight.

They hit at +1, have a -2 AS and only cost 3pts more. In 500pts the extra range doesn't make a difference, whereas thunderers do.
    Do you play chess? Join the chess clan! Also part of The Musician Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) Where is your master engineer for the cannons?

2) The Master Rune of Kingship is just plain ridiculus ad I would never use it.

3) As said above change the Quarellers to Thunderers

4) Too much combat for an army of this size for dwarfs (too many warriors/longbeards/ironbreakers).

5) If a combat army with lots of knights is facing you I would predict the battle and say loss unless there was a wall of trees.

6) Get an Organ gun or Flame cannon.

All the runes are OK apart from the master rune of kingship, at 100 points its a waste.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Actually I think he has too few CC units. For a 2000 pts army 3 units of CC arent IMO enough. I would suggest to:

Drop the master rune of kingship.
    Drop the rune of warding on the runesmith (a waste of points unless hes on his own, which is not always a good thing.
    Drop the rune of sanctuary on the longbeards. You will have plenty of anti-magic, so no need to bother.
    Swap both of the quarrellers for a unit of thunders.

When you have done this you should have enough points for another warrior unit. Now you would have both good fire power and a nice wall of rock hard dwarfs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dear friends,

Some of you have difficult in reading English. As I told, any comment was welcome, except the usual one. Drop the Master Rune of Kingship. In particular the one that openly say that a choice is ridicolous because he doesnt use it. He has a very high opinion of himself. The Master Rune of Kingship always worked marvelous in my army, already with the old army book. With the updated version ( 6.5 ) until now I scored 1 defeat, 3 draw, 8 victories, against the most varied opponents. Just the last time, my regiment of Iron Breakers was hit by a Tomb Kings catapult. It failed the panic test. The repeat was OK. Thanks to the Longbeards. I still think ( and the facts are supporting me ) that a regiment of Longbeards, led by a Dwarf Lord with the Master Rune of Kingship, is more effective then a regiment of Hammerers led by a Dwarf Lord without it. Sometimes I won shifting the Lord from the Longbeards to another unit. Regarding the other matter, as you can see, someone say that the army has too many close combat regiments, someone says the exact opposite. It is a matter of opinion. I say only one thing. Forget that idea that some players call: "to put too many eggs in one basket". If the game gives you an option, it is to be used. If a unit can have a runic standard, I will give it a runic standard. If a character can have a certain amount of runic items I will give it to him. The best Dwarf army is powerful and concentrate.You will know that you have a good Dwarf army when your friends playing Chaos will begin to tremble when they have to bring their units in combat with you. But they have to do it because they are desperate after your bombing. Regarding the Quarrellers/Thunderers matter, it is just a matter of preference. I use Quarrellers for two reasons: I prefer cheaper missile troops with longer range and because my army is the army of Karak Hirn. So, even if no more led personally by King Alrik, it still stick to the "Traditional Army" special rule in King Alrik's profile (see the old army book). But this is a personal choice, I like themed armies. In the end, for the guy that asked: this is an all-comers army. We consider rude to customized the list for a specific opponent. Everybody play with an all-comers army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Its not like we cant read its just that we dont like it. IMO I think its a waste of points because of the cost. 100 points is a bit much and you will get almost the same effect with the hammers. With the lord and the stobborn ability they still have LD 10 and if the BSB is around then a re-roll...and for 1 point extra you can also get a shield, which the longbeards already has but that dosent make much of a difference in the matter of points. But using 100 points on the lord dosent make him better in a duel. Actually only 25 points...So all in all I just think its a waste of points but its your list so I guess its okay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not exactly the same thing. Hammerers are Stubborn, but with Ld 9 not 10. Furthermore, they are not Immune to Panic, nor they can help other units with Panic test (very important now that the Rune of Courage doesn't make you Immune to Psichology anymore, just Fear and Terror, so even my Iron Breakers are exposed). Furthermore, the Stubborn rule of the Hammerers cannot be moved to another unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Yes tha Hammeres indeed will gain LD 10 because the Lord is within..(enough inches, cant remember the exact though) so they may use his and will therefor gain LD 10.
    The Master rune of kingship can also only be used on the Lord and the unit he is leading.
    In addition to that if the BSB is around you will get to re-roll the test. That goes for every test. Fear, Terror, Leadership etc.
    And why is it important that the Rune of Courage dosent make you immune to psychology and just fear and terror? What else do you need? Its somewhat a rare sight to be hit by some magic that makes your unit stupid or anything like that.

Anyways...Im just saying that its a waste but you seem confident in it so I will leave it at that. In addition its good you have him with the Longbeards, mostly because they can make other units re-roll their panic tests.
    Last edited by King Alriks Bodyguard; March 22nd, 2006 at 12:13.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast