500 pts Dwarf and D. Elves vs Empier gun line friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500 pts Dwarf and D. Elves vs Empier gun line friendly

OKay here is the problem... we planned to go against 2 empire players and they decided to threten up with the whole gunline crap. So me and mi friend made a shooty army.

Dark Elves

(112) Noble on Cold one
    -lance
    -Sea Dragon Cloak
    -Shild

(44) 4 Warriors
    -Repeating crossbow

(44) 4 Warriors
    -Repeating crossbow

(96) 4 Dark warriors on Dark steed
    -Spear
    -Repeating Crossbow

(100) Reaper Bolt thrower

(103) 1Cold One Knites + Dread One
    -Shild
    -Full Command

499 pts tottal

Dwarfs

(92) Thane
    -Shild
    -MRo Swiftness

(109) 7Ironbreakers
    -Standard and Musician

(68.) 7Warriors
    -Shild
    -musician

(68.) 7Warriors
    -Shild
    -musician

(55) 5Quarrellers

(55) 5Quarrellers

(55) 5Quarrellers

502 pts tottal

so thats what we are going to battle with... i dont know what there is on the empire side yet... anything to improve would be nice

YOU say you smell something beardy… I say I smell some something shavey… stupid elf…

Canadian:ninja: the way of the sneekie eh?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

First of all, your units are way too small. They are not going to last long, especially not against a shooty Empire army. You could make 2 units of dwarf warriors, add some thunders/quarrellers and perhaps a BT.

Put a rune of stone on your Thane. He might live a bit longer.

Another thing is that you could ofcourse also just drop the Thane and make one of your champions the general. That will give you more points to work with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks... i would have taken the rune of stone but we are playing house rules. only 33% for shotting and only 25 pts per magic item.
    YOU say you smell something beardy… I say I smell some something shavey… stupid elf…

Canadian:ninja: the way of the sneekie eh?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

People never expect decent units in small games like these. Especially from Dwarf players. SInc eyour leadership is great already I would suggest taking a couple of units and making them fairly large. Then you can absorb the inevitable missile fire and wipe em up in combat when you reach them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x6)

First of all, your dark elves list is totally illegal.
    the minimum for a warrior squad is 10.
    the minimum for a dark rider (not 'dark warriros on dark steeds'..) squad is 5
    Cold one knights also have a minimum of 5.
    buy the codex...

Secondly, if you want to take out seige weapons. Then take a unit of dark elf harpies. about 6-8 strong.

Spearmen wont live long enough to see CC so i would actually probably only take crossbow warriors.. when i played a 500 pt vs empire with 3 siege weapons, i couldnt move my spearmen from where they were or theyd get chewed up by cannon fire, they did nothing all game, i would have been better off with more crossbows.
    And empire will play defensive so you cant rely on him coming to you for CC. so yeah..

Try this

Beastmaster with additional hand weapon. -44 (this is pretty useless but your only taking him to fill the required hero slot with the cheapest thing you can have, to have points for other things)
    10 warriros with crossbows -110
    5 dark riders with crossbows & musician. -127
    9 harpies. -117
    1 Reaper bolt thrower. -100

Total - 498

Normally against a shooty empire list you could take more CC things and take the fight to them.. but with only 500 points you dont have the points for effective CC units.. So if your teaming up with dwarves (very unfluffy but ook..) then use the dark elves for your shooty units, plus the harpies to go after the cannons (20" movement) And then on the dwarf side take more CC things, since they are alot better at it.. like 2 units of warriors with a tooled up CC thane or something, plus a seige weapon to help the bolt thrower.
    that way instead of trying to take a balanced list on both dwarves and DE's, you using each to their own strenghts.. dark elves are good at magic and shooting and flying.. Dwarves are good at Close combat. therefore it wouldnt make sense to take dwarf thunderers and Dark elf spearmen for example.. if you follow?..

Anyway Good luck, i hate shooty empire lists so i hope you annihilate them..
    Last edited by Manu_Forti; April 6th, 2006 at 12:01.
    Dark Elves - Game #28 vs High Elves: Draw
    W L D
    21 5 5

+ Reply to Thread