110 Points

Rare

Organ Gun
125 Points

Gyrocopter
140 Points

See less See more
#2 ·
Did you forget to give the Runelord the anvil ?

Also, you would be better off with a rune of shielding, that 2+ ward against shooting is just priceless.

You can only have 1 rune of stone per model.

You BSB could benefit from a guarding rune, that 5+ ward is a life saver.

You could easily thin your unit of crossbows to beef up your other stunty blocks to 20.

#6 ·
sure

im trying to make a good tornament army at the mom for one of my upcomming club tornament

about the rune of furnance it come in handy when versing a mage with the lore of fire, warmachines with a flame effect eg flame cannon or a cannon with a rune on it like rune of burning for dwarfs skaven warpfire cannons all sorts it just comes in handy all the time and its only 5 points

Any more suggestions

#7 ·
I know Wolf_Pack won't agree, but how about changing your quarrellers to thunderers? 10 is not enough to do much damage anyway, so I'd take a few more and change them to thunderers... these guys, with S4 and -2 AS are much more effective.

#8 · (Edited)
Wolfhowl said:
I know Wolf_Pack won't agree, but how about changing your quarrellers to thunderers? 10 is not enough to do much damage anyway, so I'd take a few more and change them to thunderers... these guys, with S4 and -2 AS are much more effective.
yep but my crossbowmen have more range and there cheeper also ive used thunders before and ive use crossbowmen and crossbowmen always do more damage

so ill just increase my unit size k

ty for the advice

#9 ·
Matthew said:
yep but my crossbowmen have more range and there cheeper also ive used thunders before and ive use crossbowmen and crossbowmen always do more damage

so ill just increase my unit size k

ty for the advice
OK, you needed more on the unit size, 8 is not enough. But thunderers do much more damage!

#12 ·
Wolf_Pack said:
I try not to think about specific opponents, but to build an allround list with response to everything.
This is the best thing to do, but like if his friend was playing just VC or something we could advise him to use Rune of Fire or something...

#13 ·
Heros

RuneLord
Anvil Of Doom
Gromal Armour and a Shield
Rune Of Stone
Rune Of The Furnance
Rune Of SpellBreaking
380 Points
generally i think hes been over kitted a bit. (or over priced) its probebly a good idea to loose the rune of the furnace as immunity to fire is a very specific thing and would be a bit of a waste. dropping that saves one or two points as well. as a note your runelord has been point marked incorrectly as he is actually 353 points not 380. (dropping the rune of fire will make him 348)

Thane
Great Weapon and Gromal Armour
Rune Of Stone
Rune Of Resistance
2 runes of iron
127 Points
again i think he has been over equiped again and breaks the rule of three. he is currently equiped with 4 armour runes. you can only have 3 armour runes so drop the two runes of iron. if you do really want a wardsave give him a master rune of spite. this will give you a 4+ ward compared to a 5+ and fill your runic total in nicely (also seeing as you have 27 points spare from that miscounted runelord) this will make him comparible to some armies lords in terms of survivablity.

Thane//Battle Standard
Master Rune Of Fear
155 Points
personally i dont like the master rune of fear. i actually don't like any banner runes on the battle standard exept the strollaz rune or rune of guarding. a battle standards job is to make dwarf warriors even more resilant with that Ld re-roll and just giving him a 4+ save won't cut it. try dropping the master rune of fear and give him a master rune of gromril. this will make him incredibly suvivable and make sure he is not picked off by a character hunter.

16 Crossbowmen
192 Points

16 Dwarf Warriours
Shields,Great Wepons, Heavy Armour
Full Command
185 Points

15 Longbeards
Full Command
240 Points

not too bad but out of preference i like units of 20 for my combat troops and units of 10-12 for my shooting units. they tend to make them more survivable and really helps against those fear causing troops by making them fairly hard to outnumber quickly.
21 Iron Breakers
Full Command
Rune Of Slowness
353 Points

Stone Thrower
Rune Of Accuracy
110 Points
pretty good here but i would reccomend using 20 ironbreakers than 21 to save some points.

Organ Gun
125 Points

Gyrocopter
140 Points
very good choices here, nothing to add

#14 ·
hey man my rune lord is not that cheep
is he cheeper in the new army book? cause i dont have that at the moment

Rune Lord 140 points
anvil of doon 200 points
gromal armour 12 points
shield 3 points
rune of stone 5 points
rune of resistance 5 points
365 points

#17 · (Edited)
King Alriks Bodyguard said:
You know who you are going to play against?? Would probably help us a bit with the advice
There will be like 10-15 players i think i know for sure there is

ORCS---Easy to Beat Even With Out The Grudge Rules
LIZARDMEN---Ill Have To Watch Out For There Magic And Skanks
EMPIRE---This Guy Is A Challange Ive Only Beaten Him A Few Times He Has Lots Of Cannons and Handgunners a unit of Knights And Heeps Of Magic
BRETONIANS---Easy Enuf Just Knights Relly
SKAVEN---Easy Enuf To Beat In Combat Just Magic And Warp Lingtning Cannons i have to watch out for
CHAOS---Ill Only HAve To Watch Out For There Characters And Magic
HIGH EVLES---To Easy They Just Die In Like 2 Secs
WOOD ELVES---Ill Just Have To Watch Out For Magic And The Treemen
DWARFS---Now Thats A Challange

The rest of the armies i am not sure of

yep

#18 ·
Wolf_Pack said:
I try not to think about specific opponents, but to build an allround list with response to everything.
Ahhh yeah ^^ After re-reading the post I saw it was meant to be a tournament army = against all armies. My bad :yes:

Anyways back to the subject. I think you should make your crossbowmen unit only 12 strong and bulk up the Longbeards to 20 for those points. The reason is that with both the anvil and a warmachine you will have very little mobillity so its good to have 3 strong CC units.
The reason for 12 CBM and not 10 is that with 12 models they will still be able to hold out a charge and still hit back and hold until help arrives.
I very much like your gyrocopter as it helps with, somewhat, anti-mobillity.

#19 ·
Matthew said:
What are the new rules for the runelord ??? ive heard some thing about it but im nt sure
You aren't allowed to post rules on LO :yes:, it's against the GW license.

#21 ·
It's against the GW license like I said. You can't post rules anywhere I don't think.

#23 ·
Yes it is against the rules to do so.

I just realised that you have a rune of fury on a caracter with a great weapon, wich does not work. unless you give that caracter the Master rune of kragg the grim, he will loose the benefits of the great weapon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.