My Shooty Midgets - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Shooty Midgets

I just got a fairly decent pay check so I'm thinking of putting into an Engiere themed Dwarf force, just want to prepare a list before I go and waste half my pay packet.

Hopefully it's not too shooty but it is an enineer force.

Lords

Not sure whether to get a Thane or Master Enginer so I've just allocated 200 pts.

Core

16x Warriors 169 Points
    Sheild
    Heavy Armour
    Full Command

16x Warriors 169
    Sheild
    Heavy Armour
    Full Command

10x Thunders 140

10x Thunders 140

10x Thunders 140

Special

Grundge Thrower 130
    Rune of Accuracy
    Rune of Penatrting

Organ Gun 125

Cannon 135
    Rune of the Forge

Rare

Gyrocopter

Total 1500

Is this abit of a cheese army or is it alriht?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

First of; There is no lord in a 1500pts army, that is reserved for 2000pts up! Second you should get a thane also.
    In my oppinion the army is not really cheese, and I would love to play it. I really don't think its a good army. sorry.
    -lurking in the shadows of LO.

Officially diagnosed by Tekore
    Melkhior, Necrarch Lord

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To cebwj: When he wrote "Lords" he obviously meant "Heroes", because of the choices he gave (Thane and Master Engineer).

To rolly: If you're going with an engineer-themed army, then going with a Master Engineer would make since. But, if you were looking for a character that will help bolster your main line, then a Thane would be a better choice.

I like the idea, but I don't know how well it will do in combat with only two large units to hold back whatever you're playing against. I would possibly consider dropping an artillery piece, like the Grudge Thrower (it just doesn't seem to fit with the black powder-theme you have going) and possibly a unit of Thunderers to take a unit of Longbeards, Hammerers, or Ironbreakers. These units will do well with holding the line, and then you can use your Thunderers to counter charge a unit being held by them in a Pin and Flank move.

I'm no Longbeard myself, so someone else may have better input for you, but that's what I saw off the bat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok. I've done a quick revamp and now I've got abit of fighting punch added.

Lords

Master Engineer 70
    Brace of Pistols 10
    Great weapon 4
    Rune of Cleaving 20
    Master Rune of Fragg the Grim 20
    Total: 124

Thane 65
    Shield 2
    Master Rune of Gromril 25
    Rune of Cleaving 20
    Rune of Striking 10
    Total: 120

Core

16x Warriors 169
    Shield
    Heavy Armour
    Full command

16x Warriors 169
    Shield
    Heavy Armour
    Full command

10x Thunders 140

10x Thunders 140

Special

9x Hammerers 150
    Shields
    Full command

Dwarf Cannon 90
    Rune of Penetrating 25
    Rune of Reloading 10
    Total: 125

Dwarf Cannon 90
    Rune of Reloading 10
    Total: 100

Rare

Gyrocopter 140

Organ Gun 120

The Hammerers will be used as a flanking force with the Thane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as i can tell you can't have two rare choices in under 2000pts, so you'll need to drop either the gyrocopter or organ gun. List looks alright otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woops sorry, good point. I'll change the gyro for another unit of Thunderers:yes: .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

I wouldnt take another Thunder unit for the points of the Gyro. In fact I think you should go with the Gyro and leave the Organ gun behind. And for those points bulk up the warrior or hammere unit(s).

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by King Alriks Bodyguard
    I wouldnt take another Thunder unit for the points of the Gyro. In fact I think you should go with the Gyro and leave the Organ gun behind. And for those points bulk up the warrior or hammere unit(s).
    Actually I would take the organ gun. Since you're likely to be in close combat and not moving the organ gun is great at targeting enemies marching towards you. The gyrocopter would also be a very good choice, but IMO the organ gun is better.
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Yeah I know, I know but what if the enemy has any skirmishers? Then you either have to move forward with some of your troops (and you dont want that to happen) or shot at them with the thunders. The downside with shooting at them is that they wount hit very often, as they will be out of range, skirmishers and that kinda stuff. A lot of - es to hit. That is where the Gyro can come in handy and take care of them without any of your army is moving.

But try with one of them in two different battles and compare which one you like the most. :w00t:

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by King Alriks Bodyguard
    Yeah I know, I know but what if the enemy has any skirmishers? Then you either have to move forward with some of your troops (and you dont want that to happen) or shot at them with the thunders. The downside with shooting at them is that they wount hit very often, as they will be out of range, skirmishers and that kinda stuff. A lot of - es to hit. That is where the Gyro can come in handy and take care of them without any of your army is moving.

But try with one of them in two different battles and compare which one you like the most. :w00t:
    You're right here, and really it depends on who you are facing as an army. If your friend plays with skirmishers a lot you might want to take a gyrocopter, and against hordes an organ gun is very useful. But generally I'd always take an organ gun, it's all up to you really.
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast