1000pts vs chaos or brettonians - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pts vs chaos or brettonians

hi, this is just friendly tournament between me and about 11 friends, my first to games are against... chaos and brettonians.

any way the list

Hero

Thane, rune of stone, 2 times rune of cleaving, rune of fury, shield.

Core

10 thunderers

10 crossbowmen, great weapons,

16 longbeards, great weapons, full command

special

15 iron breakers full comand.

rare

organ gun

995pts

the whole reason for the cross bowmen is as supporting fire and also a flanking force after the longbeards or ironbreakers have taken a charge.

i reckon this should do farely well but do any of you have any thoughts? thanks in advance for any feed back.

how do you torture a necron?
    slowly download windows 95 on to it.
    Armies- 6000pts of chaos marines 1000pts necrons.
    1000pts Dwarves

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that you cannot have more Longbeards than you have of Warriors. And since you have no warriors, the longbeards cannot be used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have recounted the points cost (its easyer if you just put it with the list:yes: ), and i saw that you still have 10 pts left, instead of five.
    anyway, fideru is right about the longbeards, i think you should trade them in for a 20 strong unit of warriors with shields to take the charge (205 pts), or upgrade the ironbreaker unit to 20, and keep the warriors 16. ironbreaks are the best armoured infrantry, but they are expensive. i once have seen a ironbreak unit run away because of outnumbering. believe me, that isnt going to do you no good.
    i dont know if your chaos pal plays tzeentch. in that case i think you should need some antimagic. mayby even trade the thane in for a runesmith...

furthermore, bretonnia and chaos really need their charge in most cases. if you can bring their numbers down with firepower you have the best chance of winning.

+ Reply to Thread