2250 pts friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 pts friendly

ok, this is one of my frist lists here so feel free to just rip it apart and give me a breakdown on what i need and what should go. Exept for the dwarf rare choices...i hate them and would rather keep my ogres.

Heros:
    Dwarf Lord
    -x2 rune of furry
    -rune of cleaving
    -Master rune of spite
    -Sheild
    -Sheild Bearers

Thane
    -BSB
    -Rune of Battle
    -Rune of gaurding

Core
    20 Dwarf Worriors
    -Full Command
    -GW

24 Long Beards
    -Shield
    -Full Command

24 Long Beards
    -as above

Special
    25 Iron Breakers
    -Full Command
    -Rune of battle, Rune of Determination

13 Miners
    -Full Command
    -Steam Drill

Cannon
    -Engineer

Grudge Thrower
    -Engineer

Rare
    3 Ogre Ledbelchers
    -Full Command

4 Ironguts
    -Full Command
    -Warbanner

please, as much help as possible is needed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRose View Post
    Dwarf Lord
    -x2 rune of furry
    AWESOME! this dwarf is even furrier than the normal giant beard would suggest!

Actual advice:
    BSB: you can put a rune of battle on a unit standard, freeing your BSB up to take weapon and armor runes. I usually don't put runes on a BSB unless I want some combination that is prohibitively expensive for a unit standard.

Runesmith: you want one. 4DD is not enough for 2250, unless you KNOW your opponents don't take magic.

Longbeards: why 2 units? Sure they are a little rougher than normal dwarves, but they are also pretty expensive. I'd go with 1 unit, spend the extra points on normal warriors and get more stuff! Especially since you already have ironbreakers in the army.

Cannon: rune of forging instead of engineer.

Grudge Thrower: would be a lot better with the rune of accuracy(?) in addition to the engineer.

Miners: 13? wierd number. why not 5, 10, or 15? did you just have extra points lying around?

Ok, so you like ogre units. They are neat. Full command is probably a waste, just a musician to let them recover from break tests. The ogres should probably be flankers (the leadbelchers will shoot opposing flankers or charge-baiters).

Since you have no shooty infantry (barring the leadbelchers) I assume you mean to go on the assault. The Master Rune of Challenge on some character helps ensure enemy units charge the units YOU want them to. Might be good for the Lord, or a runesmith in the same unit as the Lord...

-Koosh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, i am the king of type-os

well, here is the list. I dropped a unit of longbeards for a runesmith and some thunderers(i had to little shooting) and then i added runic weapons and armour to the BSB(im pretty sure ill be winning of static combat res, and i think its a must) and added the runes to the grudge thrower. I had to drop the cannon from mystery points, and im pretty sure i misscalculated my lords point total in the first list.

Heros
    Dwarf Lord
    -Sheild Bearers
    -Sheild
    -x2 rune of Fury(NAILED IT)
    -rune of cleaving
    -Master rune of spite

Thane
    -BSB
    -Rune of Fury
    -rune of stone

Tunesmith
    -Sheild
    -Master rune of challange
    -rune of fury
    -rune of cleaving
    Core
    20 Dwarf Worriors
    -GW
    -full command

25 Long Beards
    -Full Command
    -Sheilds
    -Rune of Battle

10 Thunderers

Special
    25 Ironbreakers
    -Full Command
    -Rune of Battle and Rune of Determination

10 Miners
    -Full Command
    -Steam Drill

Grudge Thrower
    -Rune of accuracy
    -engineer

Rare
    4 Ironguts
    -Standard
    ----Warbanner
    -Bellower

3 Leadbelchers
    -Bellower

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by RedRose View Post
    lol, i am the king of type-os

Tunesmith
    -Sheild
    -Master rune of challange
    -rune of fury
    -rune of cleaving
    Well, you fixed the Lord, but you've apparently included a bard in your army now! :w00t:
    I still think your antimagic is a bit light. The Runesmith is most valuable for his capacity to take runes of spellbreaking, and I'd give this guy two of them. Best cover-all for magic defense out there. My own army has a runesmith with 2 RoSB, and also two banner-runes of sanctuary (hammerers, and longbeards) because I'm paranoid about magic...

I don't think you need command, especially a banner, on the miners. Mine always get slaughtered (I'm really aggressive with them) and I wouldn't want to give out the VP for the banner when they do. I frequently end up charging war machines, attracting stray enemy characters, and ending up with a big mess.

You could cut a few points by dropping dwarves from the units that the characters go in. The lord displaces 2, the BSB and runesmith displace 1 each... if you are tight for points, it helps. However, if they get deployed based on the situation, then you could leave them all at full unit strength.

If you have extra points lying around, I'd give shields and a musician to the thunderers. They are an established threat, and they draw a lot of fire. Extra armor and extra rallying leadership might come in handy.

Overall the list looks pretty good. I've often wondered about including ogres in a dwarf army, please lemme know how it plays!

good hunting,
    Koosh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I like it, if only in that you don't overdo the shooting as many dwarf armies do.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

+ Reply to Thread