2000pts friendly advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts friendly advice

Please don't post points/model, this violates GW copyright and LO's rules. Thanks!
    -Koosh

Heroes

Thane- MRo Swiftness, Ro Fury, Ro Cleaving, shield 137pts

Thane- MRo Skalf Blackhammer, shield 142pts

Runsmith- Ro Spellbreaking *2, Ro Warding 135pts

Cores

16Warriors- full command and shields 169pts

16Warriors- full command and shields 169pts

16 Warriors- full command, shields and great weapons 201pts

16 Longbeards- full commnad, shields, great weapons and Ro Slowness 299pts

Specials

16 Ironbreakers- full command, Ro Slowness 263 pts

2 Bolt Throwers- Engineers on both 120pts

Grudge Thrower- Ro Accuracy 105pts

Rares

Organ Gun

Gyrpcopter

The Plan- this army is probably going to face a HE army and an Empire army.

have had a fair bit of success agaisnt the empire but only ever manage to draw with the HE.

plan to put the iron breakers in the centre of the army with Thane with MRo Swiftness etc... on either side of them i'll have long beards and great weapon warriors. plan to spread out the warmachines evenly on either side of these and have the flanks blocked by the remaining warrior units with the two remaining characters going in each unit.

the gyrocopter will be set up along the back line somewhere depending on what appears to be bothing the flanks of my army.

any advice people could give for facing the HE with Dwarves.

Last edited by kooshlord; June 5th, 2007 at 16:13.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Koosh for the KooshLord kooshlord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x3)

First off, in 7th edition warhammer, everything needs ranks of 5 to get rank bonus. It looks like you may still be playing with 6th edition rules, with your blocks of 16 infantry. I'd sacrifice 1 unit of warriors to build up the numbers in your other units.

Second, your ironbreakers and longbeards have the same runic banner combination, this is illegal. You'll have to change one of them. I recommend giving one a rune of battle. Then I'd make 1 thane a BSB, and stick him in the unit with the rune of battle, so that unit gets +3 static CR for banners.

Finally, I think warriors and longbeards both with great weapons are unnecessary, I'd pick one or the other.

If you can squeeze a MRoChallenge, and some banner runes of sanctuary (MR1) then you'll probably fare a little better against the HE. Why are they beating you? Maneuverability or magic or what?

Cheers!
    -Koosh
    Arena of Death Champion: Nexim of the Guldskullz Tribe. Fear my wrath!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the iron breakers were supposed to have rune of battle, that was an accident.

everything seems to be going well agaisnt them... just seems that there isn't enough time in the game to deal enough damage. i need to get the new rule book. not played it for a while due to uni. will make it a priority to get it within the next 2 weeks. thanks for the pointer on the rank bonuses though. definately designed the army based on 6th ed rules. didn't think they would change that. little bit annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking about upgrading Bolt Throwers a little by giving them a +1 S rune and +1S and fire attacks. I never really have much luck with Grudge Thrower, so maybe those points can go towards Bolt Throwers and making one Thane a Lord. I would also concider having either Ironbreakers or Longbeards to be 30 with Lord included.

+ Reply to Thread