Best Warmachine - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Warmachine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Warmachine

I was just wondering, what are all you longbeards and beardlings alike's favorite dwarf warmachine, and why?

Mine would probably have to be the organ gun, although it's just a little ahead of the cannon and bolt thrower.

I like it because it is a great anti-infantry weapon, a great anti-monster weapon, and a great anti-flyer weapon! It can do anything, and it can do it well!

It has a short range, but hey, dwarfs can deal with the odd monster straying too close ;P

How about all you dwarf thanes out there?

-The God of all Machines

W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Well I actually dont have one single favorite, as I have a favorite for the different situations. But if I have to choose, its got to be the cannon. Its capeable of covering a huge distance, and has a massive damage effect. The only backside, is probably that its not always reliable. If it dosent missfire, on either the shot itself, the cannonball is able to stay put in the mud. Furthermore, if you get passed those two hazards, it also has to bounce in the correct direction.
    But all that taken into account, I still think the cannon rocks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

Well remember that cannons bounce in a straight line and don't actually scatter... the bounce sends it straight forwards hitting everything on route.

My personal favourite has to be the grudge thrower. No other war machine has scored as many decisive kills as my grudger and done so with such a resounding impact on the enemy player.

With a rune of accuracy and a master engineer it’s probably the most accurate war machine in the game short of the organ gun (which auto hits ^_^). Assuming you can guess of course.

Nothing like a direct hit landing on target and wasting about a rank and a halves worth of chaos warriors ^_^

(on a side note its most recent victory was destroying the black coach on a partial hit… 6’s to wound and a 6 on the d6 wounds )

:party:

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

I dunno, does the anvil count? I don't really play with it, but I've played against it and it is probably the nastiest shooting you can get if the player is rolling well.

If not, I'd go for the gyrocopter - cause its' weird and wonderful and can actually move compared to everyother dwarf contraption/unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Arklite View Post

My personal favourite has to be the grudge thrower. No other war machine has scored as many decisive kills as my grudger and done so with such a resounding impact on the enemy player.

With a rune of accuracy and a master engineer it’s probably the most accurate war machine in the game short of the organ gun (which auto hits ^_^). Assuming you can guess of course.

My thoughts exactly. I almost feel bad running a pair of them in a 2k list, they can pretty much remove the threat of a given unit per turn barring severe dice mishaps.

The flamecannon is my next runner-up. Especially against skaven/greenskins.
    Games Workshop is the Wal-Mart of hobby products, except for the low prices. The lack of respect and profit mongering is there in spades.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Deffinatly the Grudge thrower. By fay it does more damage to my enemy than any other war machine I have ever taken for Dwaves. Runed up with and Engineer and a Master it is the bane of any block infanty unit. I take one in all games 1000pts +, and most times I will choose it over an organ gun if forced to choose. Giving real consideration of dropping a unit all together to bang another one in at 2000pts.

Second though has got to be the Organ gun. "Goodbye Waywatchers standing on the edge of that wood". Lets face it nothing likes an organ gun to the face.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I like bolt throwers with a Master Engineer attached. No scatter die. No artillery die. Just point and shoot. Add a rune of penetrating and it's downright lovely.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about GOBLIN HEWER? I am new to dwarfs and have 2 cannons and Hewer - i often took DOW cannon in my Chaos army and have had pretty poor luck rolling misfires with it - looking forward to buffing it out now with dwarf army - but I do have a Goblin Hewer and I think i like that one! Is that one considered too beardy or something?

`Sybaris Slaay

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Bolt thrower with Rune of Penetration or Rune of Burning. I also like the hit on a 2+ rune, can't remember the name right now.

Followed by the grudge thrower.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"ah luv mah flamecannon" tear appears in eye.

I just love the sheer panic that this doom weapon tends to instill in enemies, and on the few games I have deployed this along with an organ gun in the front line of warriors and ironbreakers, people have been so hesitant in approaching the lines it amuses the hell out of me, not to mention the concept of your enemy fleeing the field trailing smoke...
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam / I'll either find a way or make one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast