Dwarf Army Help! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dwarf Army Help!

Hi, the weekend just gone, I took part in the Uk warhammer GT heat 3, the first day went bad with three loses, the second day I got three massacres, kinda good huh.
    That was my first G and just to rub things in I was alos entry number 13 (hahahahaha).

I played well, but I went with a slightly more ashootier army, next year I am deciding to try an infantry based list, I have a year to playtest but I would like some help deciding on what units, characters and unit sizes to take.

I have to decided to already take Thorek Ironbrow to get me set with bringing my opponents down to half move, moving my units faster and giving me some dispell dice, any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gorechild

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

When your making your army dont overlook simple warriors. They are elite compared to most other races with WS4 T4 and a possible 3+ As, so dont worry about trting to get lots of elites in their. maybe branch for some longbeards to reroll panic or hammerers for your lord to make them immune to fear and terror, but as your taking thorek at least they are stubborn.

A nice wild card i find is a unit of 10-12 Slayers with 3 giant slayers, they can be used as a speed bump or to hold up big nasty units and on the plus side are immune to psych.

Big units of Quarrelers with shields and command work well to. shoot from turn 1 unlike thunderers and reform before being charged to stand and shoot with warrior stats. sure they get a 4+ armour save with handweapon and shield and not 3+ like normal warriors but you get crossbows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by saltrock36 View Post
    When your making your army dont overlook simple warriors. They are elite compared to most other races with WS4 T4 and a possible 3+ As, so dont worry about trting to get lots of elites in their. maybe branch for some longbeards to reroll panic or hammerers for your lord to make them immune to fear and terror, but as your taking thorek at least they are stubborn.

A nice wild card i find is a unit of 10-12 Slayers with 3 giant slayers, they can be used as a speed bump or to hold up big nasty units and on the plus side are immune to psych.

Big units of Quarrelers with shields and command work well to. shoot from turn 1 unlike thunderers and reform before being charged to stand and shoot with warrior stats. sure they get a 4+ armour save with handweapon and shield and not 3+ like normal warriors but you get crossbows.

some good advice, I sat down with a couple of guys from my local GW gaming club and store in Burton, and wrote a couple of lists, this is one that reallly took my fancy:

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=108522 (2000pt dwarf list for 2008 warhammer GT)
    Took part in Warhammer Gt heat 3, the weekend 17th and
    18th Nov, Day one went bad, Day two went great, my fixtures are as follows:

Round 1 2 3 4 5 6
    W/L/D L L L W W W
    Points 1 1 1 30 30 30
    Overall points 93
    placement 63/140

+ Reply to Thread