"Where to next?...." - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Where to next?...."

After you have played such a tough, well rounded, cool looking army as dwarves what army could u possible do next? This is the question i have been trying to answer. i want something different from the rock-solid dwarves but not to different. Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I suggest you do something quite different then dwarfs or to decrease boredom so Lizardmen, Beastmen, Skaven (these are probably the most similair to dwarfs out of this group) or Undead (of both Tombic and Vampiric persuations) would be good. I have intentionally left elves off this list for obvious reasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am personally moving from dwarves onto vampire couints when the new rulebook and models are released when march comes around. They are about as far removed from dwarves as it comes.
    aut viam inveniam aut faciam / I'll either find a way or make one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

How about the OGs if you want something not rock-solid. How about something flimsy as an old screen door. Animosity is the perfect flavor for any great game.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

i went for Empire because they had just been redone when i was looking for my new project- but also because they have numerous lesser infantry as opposed to the smaller number of elite troops that Dwarfs have, and i wanted to get a fair number of cavalry too.

I think a perfect foil would be O & G as they are the antithesis of Dwarfs- you could also get te Skull Pass box to start off and use the dwarf minis in your existing army
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am about to go from dwarfs to Lizardmen. They are tough, a little faster and can have magic.

Good luck on what ever you pick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x6)

From Dwarves to Beastman

I would suggest beastman as they are one of the more mobile armies out there and focus on combat/magic to win instead of shooting. Beastman offer a nice exact opposite, and give you a nice chaotic feel with ogres, minotaurs, herds, giants, and the ability to add daemons.

Dwarf armies are just that, all dwarves. A beastman army is a lot of everything and you can mix and match and make something truly your own. Where a standard dwarf fighter most likely has a 4+ vs shooting, and a 3+ in combat, Beastman have mostly no armor. So you need to really learn the rules and tactics. A dwarf player can get buy on winning games through shooting and attrition waiting for opponents to hit their line and bounce off. A beastman player needs to mix tactics, sacrificing units, adding magic, and even gets to dabble in high point models like daemon princes and doom bulls.

While its great to have a proud and tested dwarf lord standing on a shield bellowing orders waiting to fight in a challege. Its an amazing amount of fun hurling a Doombull with the mark of khorne, and the axes of khorgor at a ranked up unit just to see if he can beat that unit all by himself! Chaos is less serious so you throw stuff around without thinking sometimes and get sucked in the moment. Dwarves are more reactionary and you have to wait for your opponent to act.
    40K-Beakies(9-14-4),Guard(4-7-2),Orks(34-12-11). FANTASY-Dwarves(15-6-7),Beasts (14-14-1), Skaven (17-17-10) DoC (6-1-2). CYGNAR (28-15-1)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

Might I suggest Brettonians?

They have some Dwarfen elements about them (notably their excellent armor and level of skill, and the fact that they're not completely into magic) but they also have some things that Dwarfs could never have in a million years:
    They are blazingly fast while Dwarfs are slow.
    Their units are small where Dwarf Blocks are large.
    They have much less shooting where Dwarfs can go 100% shooting if they want.
    They are all cavaliers where Dwarfs are all infantrymen.

Different from Dwarfs, but not so different, either. Plus, it's fun to paint each individual Knight's heraldry.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

+ Reply to Thread