Rune of Luck works with which siege machine rolls? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rune of Luck works with which siege machine rolls?

I attached a master engineer to my grudge thrower, the grudge thrower has a rune of accuracy and a rune of reloading. So I am planning to give my engineer 3 runes of luck (and a rune of stone), any clue as to if I can use these for artillery, misfire, and/or scatter?
    Also, any idea what a good 3rd rune for my grudge thrower would be?:

Defense is out since my engineer can do that anyways.
    Disguise seems worthless since I plan to use it as often and as quickly as possible.
    Immolation just seems to suck for the most part (especially since I plan to heavily defend it).
    Burning, seems kinda useless in most situations, I mean if I am fighting my brother (tomb kings) it might be good, but I won't be in the tourny I am preping for.
    Valiant rune might be ok, but I want to actually make it more effective, I think I have invincible pretty well covered.
    Penetrating, I don't see this being too useful since str 8 and even str 4 seems like it will decimate most toughness anyways.

Anyways, and thoughts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

http://us.games-workshop.com/errata/assets/dwarfs.pdf

top right hand side. sadly we can't use runes of luck to re-roll bolt thrower hits or any other kind of warmachine related power.

as bot runes on bolt throwers you generally want S7 or the rune of burning. the flaksons rune of seeking is a good bet if you expect a silly amount of flying cavelry mind.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah ok, but I'm talking about grudge throwers, not bolt throwers. Again, I think I pretty much have strength covered, but if you think the more the better, I'll try it out

Anyways, 3 more questions

1: What is the difference between the normal stone thrower in the rulebook and the grudge thrower (besides the runes obviously)? They appear to have the exact same everything.

2: I know this is basic, but I've never had a clear answer to it, if I am building a 2000 point army and I want to bring say...Thorek Ironbrow. Can I bring him along to boost my points TO 2000 points, or do I have to reach 2000 points without him since under 2000 you can't have a lord?

3: Finally, how old is the King Kazador model? I picked this up a few months ago, losing the blister pack that the model came in and frantically searching for what he was until I finally noticed it said "King Kazador" on the base of his model.
    Warhammer - Dwarfs
    Last edited by codewerdna; January 14th, 2008 at 01:58.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

the rune of luck is specifically related to; hit, wound and armour saves so have no effect on the grudge thrower. runes and abilities already exist to give it re-rolls.

urgh... thorek. overpowered and a crutch i recommend you avoid him you might win a lot but you won't win any friends nor will you actually win through your own skills. you'll win because you have thorek in your army, not because you might be a good general.

However you may field lord choices in games marked as 2000 points, even if you are a little under. ie if the points level for the game is 2000 points you can have 1 lord (1999 points can still have a lord as long as you are playing 2000 points)

the king of kazador is a special character, as long as your opponent is ok with you using him you can.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I know, I plan to use him as a normal BSB.

+ Reply to Thread