Anyone Tried these? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Anyone Tried these?

Arg! didn't mean Tired I meant Tried. Sorry for any confusion. It's funny how won letter reversal makes a difference.

So I have a Dwarf army that I have never played but I was playing with the list last night and thought of a couple of ideas...

1 is the unbreakable warmachines. Load up on Bolthrowers that have the Rune of Unbreakable ness. Add some Engineers and Master Engneers with BoP and entrench them and you have a decent unbreakable unit. They get to take 4 str 4 stand and shoot shots at a good BS. Take away str bonuses that Cav might have when charging. Other than the hardest of units in the game I can't see anything killing 6 wounds worth of dwarfs the first turn.

Then have unit of dwarves as detachments counter charge?

2. is the Thorek/Miner strategy. have 2-3 units of miners with Steamdrills (for the re-rollable appearane) appear and then use Thorek to dance them into a Rear/Flank Charge. Seems a little over powered unless you opponet quickly moves to the exact middle of the board!

Just some thoughts I had.

Last edited by kbolster12345; February 5th, 2008 at 20:55.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

title fixed and sorted.

in regards to your ideas

1) Its a cool trick and Iíve seen it done a few times by dwarf engineer guild lists (armies that use thunderers as rank and file combat troops as well as missile units). My main beef with the idea is that your tooling a unit which should never see combat for... well, combat. I would only suggest the idea if you are specifically planning a trap with said war machine (at the centre of a bear trap formation) or are using an engineering guild style list.

2) The anvil assisted miner move is a popular trick and tends to catch many off guard. The problem Iíve found though its that its a one trick pony. you do it once, then the shock impact is over and then the enemy watch for them. this has its advantages but they would be watching their flanks/rear if was just a unit of dwarf miners let alone an anvil assisted force.

On a side note however, i highly discourage you from using thorek. he ends up as a crutch whether you intend him to or not. Iíve seen it happen to many a good player, they use the special character once or twice... then keeps using them... eventually they refuse to play unless they can use that special character. Its not a nice thing. Thorek is unbalanced and overpowered besides. Stick to proper dwarves, it works better in the long run and you keep friends longer >=]

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Arklite View Post
    title fixed and sorted.

in regards to your ideas

1) Its a cool trick and Iíve seen it done a few times by dwarf engineer guild lists (armies that use thunderers as rank and file combat troops as well as missile units). My main beef with the idea is that your tooling a unit which should never see combat for... well, combat. I would only suggest the idea if you are specifically planning a trap with said war machine (at the centre of a bear trap formation) or are using an engineering guild style list.

2) The anvil assisted miner move is a popular trick and tends to catch many off guard. The problem Iíve found though its that its a one trick pony. you do it once, then the shock impact is over and then the enemy watch for them. this has its advantages but they would be watching their flanks/rear if was just a unit of dwarf miners let alone an anvil assisted force.

On a side note however, i highly discourage you from using thorek. he ends up as a crutch whether you intend him to or not. Iíve seen it happen to many a good player, they use the special character once or twice... then keeps using them... eventually they refuse to play unless they can use that special character. Its not a nice thing. Thorek is unbalanced and overpowered besides. Stick to proper dwarves, it works better in the long run and you keep friends longer >=]
    I see your point about Thorek. I don't feel that bad taking him to certain tourneies as I can be relatively sure that I will be playing against the other tricked out lists. Pope mobile with 2 wizards, Teclis, 2 trees, and so on. having been playing OK for the last couple years it's my turn to thump some one!8X

+ Reply to Thread