Question about upcoming battle vs undead or high elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question about upcoming battle vs undead or high elves

I am going to be fighting in a 1000pt tourney this Sunday and wanted to get some friendly feedback on some ideas I had.

I might be fighting one of these two types of armies: Undead or High Elves

I was thinking to basically bring: Thane, Warriors(20), Longbeards(16), Small Ranger Regiment(12), 10 or so Thunderers, 1 Bolt Thrower, and either a Cannon or an Organ Gun.

Cannon, I'd add a rune of forging, and BT I'd add rune of penetrating and rune of burning.

I was thinking to deploy my scouts as to either harass the back lines and/ take out any artillery that High Elves might bring.(?) Make sense? Good/bad?

Also, I felt that the BT would deal with the undead chariots and the cannon would take care of any bigger threats from either.

Thunderers would protect flanks/artillery and the Warriors/Longbeards would snag objectives & hold.

Any thoughts on this outlay?

Any suggestions for fighting the undead and/or High Elves?

Many thanks!

peace,
    j.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a 1000pt game, you really cant afford to lose your artillery to misfires, so bolt thrower with rune of pen and engineer is a good bet and cheaper than a cannon. BTW the vampire corpse cart is not considered a chariot so you cant insta kill it, but BT is awesome against TK chariots and high elf chariots.

I'd recommend the organ gun simply because those automatic hits are a killer in low points games and offer really good flank protection against fast cav and skirmishers.

Personally im not a big fan of rangers. in this case the high elves could redeploy to meet them faster than you could get at them, and one or two RBT would kebab your poor scouts in a heartbeat, especially if they cant deploy near them. Miners would be a better choice against high elves, although against undead the crossbows in the rangers are more useful

Also for runes, try putting a MR of Challenge on your thane to force the enemy to charge or run. In small points, this is awesome for taking the initiative away from the enemy, and it always annoys him to have his artillery killing fast units charge and get destroyed by huge blocks of dwarf infantry. hope this helps
    Oi! Get off me beard!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

against high elves or vampire counts i would take a runesmith

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The organ gun, in low pionts games it works pretty nice. I will drop the rangers and take a small (5 or so)group of miners and sum dwarfs with x-bows.

quik-quik, kill-kill! The bearded one's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    585 (x8)

against Vampire counts it's always fun to have 1 runesmith with mroBalance
    so 6 dispelldice and he has 1 less powerdice, won't be seeing zombies behind you or invocation of nehek that often anymore .
    last week I had a battle with dwarfs vs VC and I just oblitterated em ^^ he could hardly use his magic and made almost no CC kills ( + , my Thane got challenged by his big vampire while I charged. bam, dead vampiregeneral )

I haven't tried it yet, but it would be fun to deploy 2 teams of 5 miners ^^

in CC you'll have the advantage most of the time, because with warriors you need 3's to hit them and either 3's or 4's to kill ( talking about skeletons and zombies ) and they need 4's to hit and 5's or 6's to wound. ^^
    With longbeards and the like it's even bigger fun ^^ 3's to hit ( skelies, zombies, graveguardies, ghoulies ) and 2's, 3's or 4's to wound.

I had a unit of 15 Ironbreakers with rune of battle on their standard, didn't lose 1. I recommend it.

I have never played against high elfs, so can't help ya there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

against a high elf expect a dragon and great eaglesin 1k he can fit 1 dragon and 2 great eagles at 450 so protect warmachhines

+ Reply to Thread